new Mexican national team soccer jersey

XXB

Countdown for "WTF is Adidas doing, why is there red in that jersey, can't someone in this world have a color set that DOESN'T have red in it????? ZOUTRAGEZZZ" post begins now.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The Nike World Cup Shirt for Mexico was class. The New Kit is.....Ok but the previous adidas kit IS CRAP!!!!!! :puke:20070111165525_28052.jpg

The new ones are okay, but not great. I actually like the prevoius release with the white stripe. Just a personal pref though

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

the Mexican jerseys always have had red because red is one of the colors of the Mexican flag.the jerseys always have been green white and red talking about the first jersey. de second or alternate has been white,red,green or burgundy. now talking about the brand I think Nike didn't have any creativity when they designed the jersey just was a copy of what Umbro then ABA sports made when they put some aztec simbols on the jersey. well Umbro didn't put any aztec simbols but appeared like fret that are in many aztec ornaments.red,grenn and white always have been in the home jerseys

retakemexhssno91980cnt1.gif

mexicohssno91998cbt3.gif

mexicohssno90405cxs9.gif

mexicohss0607aqz3.gif

jersey3dal3.jpg

I don't get it. Everyone here seemed to bash adidas before when the kit came out without the red. Now that there's red, it's still getting bashed.

How is this kit worse than the last one put out by Nike? Except for the shade of green (which could just be an on-screen thing), why is this worse than the Nike kit?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

How is this kit worse than the last one put out by Nike? Except for the shade of green (which could just be an on-screen thing), why is this worse than the Nike kit?

The bib striping is bad, the sleeve stripes are worse, and applying the same goofy template to all teams is the final straw.

The red doesn't factor into it - I thought it was a major downgrade before, I think it's a major downgrade now.

I don't get it. Everyone here seemed to bash adidas before when the kit came out without the red. Now that there's red, it's still getting bashed.

One thing I loved about the Nike kits was the subtle Aztec design inside the chevron across the chest. It doesn't show up at all in the reference photo, but it is noticeable in person. It was a nice tribute to the history of Mexico that adidas more or less discarded. The most noticeable element in the adidas kit is - as ALWAYS - the 3 stripes. At least Nike subjugated brand identity to make a unique kit that glorified their client's culture more than their own logo.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The most noticeable element in the adidas kit is - as ALWAYS - the 3 stripes. At least Nike subjugated brand identity to make a unique kit that glorified their client's culture more than their own logo.

Thank you. You have put into words what I was groping to say.

That hasn't always been the case with Nike, but in the 2006 World Cup they had a slate of kits that were uniquely suited to each nation, with a reduced emphasis on promoting the Nike brand.

The most noticeable element in the adidas kit is - as ALWAYS - the 3 stripes. At least Nike subjugated brand identity to make a unique kit that glorified their client's culture more than their own logo.

Thank you. You have put into words what I was groping to say.

That hasn't always been the case with Nike, but in the 2006 World Cup they had a slate of kits that were uniquely suited to each nation, with a reduced emphasis on promoting the Nike brand.

Which in turn magnified their brand because it got everyone (in the football watching community anyway) talking about how nice, simple, classy, and elegant Nike's designs were/are, and wishing for more of the same from them.

OD_Signature.jpg

Good lord of golf, are you kidding? Reduced emphasis? The swoosh on the 2006 kit is bigger than my apartment. It's a good kit, but it' still a good NIKE BRAND KIT.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Archived