Hockey warm up jerseys

Eye

We all know in baseball, players wear BP jerseys and caps, but do they do this in hockey? I guess my question is are there any lighter breathable jerseys that are worn in warm ups (similar to pracitce jerseys?) I went to the Devils vs. Rangers game here in NJ a few weeks back and nobody wore warm up jerseys, like what I am talking about. Do teams wear their warm up/practice jerseys before the fans come into the arena (even the fans that come in about an hour or two before the game?) I ask this because I am doing a hockey jersey project with teams and I was wondering if I should make warm up jerseys (again, similar to MLB's BP jersey idea.) I hope I worded my question properly to get any information on this so that I can hopefully make a warm up jersey for my project. Thanks.

-E.A.R.

I know some AHL teams wear warmup jerseys, most infamous among them being the Providence Bruins' Dunkin Donuts warmups (the sleeve stripes on that one are/were orange and pink). The WBS Penguins also use em. The former IHL teams still in the A, as far as I know, don't use em.

In the ECHL, I know the Bakersfield Condors have used camouflage warmup jerseys in the past, though I don't follow the E enough to really know what other teams do this.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Aren't these the style of the current NHL practice jerseys:

p2281580reg.jpg

It's pretty variable around the league, I think. As for the Lightning, they do not wear those, they wear the most recent CCM ones before the style pictured came out.

Last season the Peterborough Petes of the OHL wore "pre-game jerseys" during the warmup. They had their 50th Anniversary logo on them and at the end of the season auctioned them off. They were actually pretty cool looking, sponsored by the Toronto Dominion bank. Thats the only time first hand I have seen a hockey team wearing another jersey during a warm up.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Most of the time, pre-game warm-ups are done in full equipment and game-jerseys.

All practices, including the morning skate on the day of a game are done in practice jerseys.

It's really your call if you want warm-up jerseys. There have been some games before a special ceremony (the Brett Hull ceremony in St. Louis comes to mind) where every player on the team wears a jersey with the guys name and number. Those are eventually auctioned off. You can do either full-blown warm-up jerseys, or make special ones on special days to be given away or auctioned off.

In Saginaw, the Spirit (yes, the team with Steagle Colbeagle the Eagle) have white warmup jerseys that are much thinner than the regular jerseys. They also have the team's featured sponsor under the collar.

Also, for Steve Yzerman Jersey Retirement Night in Detroit, seven different jerseys were worn during warmups. In total, the Red Wings wore red and white Red Wings jerseys, red and white 2002 Team Canada jerseys, orange 1984 Campbell Conference jerseys, and maroon and white 1983 Peterborough Petes jerseys (Stevie's junior team). All featured a #19 banner patch.

In the NHL, they wear their regular game jerseys for warmups. Many AHL teams wear separate warmup jerseys. Your project really depends on what league your subject is from.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Also, for Steve Yzerman Jersey Retirement Night in Detroit, seven different jerseys were worn during warmups. In total, the Red Wings wore red and white Red Wings jerseys, red and white 2002 Team Canada jerseys, orange 1984 Campbell Conference jerseys, and maroon and white 1983 Peterborough Petes jerseys (Stevie's junior team). All featured a #19 banner patch.

I liked that and thought it was nice takeoff instead of everyone wearing a Red 19 Wings jersey. I would love to get my hands on a Broten or Ciccarelli All-Star from those mid 80's days.

Aren't these the style of the current NHL practice jerseys:

p2281580reg.jpg

AstroBull, would those jerseys (or any other practice jerseys that were made or worn in the past) happen to have numbers on them. I am almost 100% sure that practice jerseys don't have names on them.

In the NHL, they wear their regular game jerseys for warmups. Many AHL teams wear separate warmup jerseys. Your project really depends on what league your subject is from.

True, though my project isn't really of any hockey team or league, it's really outside the box I suppose. Although I'm thinking of making practice/warmup jerseys, just not sure yet though.

-E.A.R.

In Saginaw, the Spirit (yes, the team with Steagle Colbeagle the Eagle) have white warmup jerseys that are much thinner than the regular jerseys. They also have the team's featured sponsor under the collar.

Haha, the Spirit and the Generals with the bet between the mayor and Colbert. That was great.

I don't think that practice jerseys have names or numbers on them, but I remember one time earlier in the season when I saw a video clip of the Flyers practicing and they had numbers on them. I can't recall if they had names, though.

They probably have something like a little number scribbled on the inside of the jersey on a tag or behind the logo crest so they don't mix them up, though. Might want to come up with a fast way of telling which jersey belongs to which player.

I don't think that practice jerseys have names or numbers on them, but I remember one time earlier in the season when I saw a video clip of the Flyers practicing and they had numbers on them. I can't recall if they had names, though.

The Flyers wore numbered (no nameplate) jerseys for scrimmages in training camp - they'd go off the ice (multiple colors to represent combinations) and then come back on in the white or black numbered jerseys.

The Flyers wore numbered (no nameplate) jerseys for scrimmages in training camp - they'd go off the ice (multiple colors to represent combinations) and then come back on in the white or black numbered jerseys.

Back in September, they had this "Meet The Flyers" session where I actually got to see them practice in person for the first time at Vorhees, NJ. That time, they weren't wearing numbers. Then a week later, I see a clip of them wearing numbers. I don't know why they put them on later, but I guess it's when the roster is clearer and they feel safer numbering jerseys.

Archived