Big Ten sig set

Viper

CC:

I like it. Just need to be consistant.

Purdue should be overlayed over Boilermakers like the rest are.

Arsenal should be on top unless all in that league are setup that way.

Nicknames should be on same line.(this is a minor critique though) Not stacked like gophers and illini are. Maybe just use gophers and illini if spacing is a issue. Of course that would not work well with nittany lions. Lions does not sound right by itself.

Wild should have team logo on left side, again unless all NHL is setup that way.

Maybe Big Ten logo is a little overpowering and should be downsized a little to match NFL and NHL size.

Good work. I think those could sell. As a Hawkeye fan that sticker looks very good. Maybe make another with gold tigerhawk logo also?

Jay Leno says: Sold or Not Sold? I say SOLD!

Purdue should be overlayed over Boilermakers like the rest are.

That was my original plan; the trouble is that the letters in "Purdue" would block out too much of the letters in "Boilermakers" to keep them both legible. (I was also forced to make this concession in some of my National Lacrosse League sigs, a set that is still in progress.)

Arsenal should be on top unless all in that league are setup that way.

First of all, that sig isn't part of this set, it's part of a set I made a couple of months ago (see "EPL" link below). Second, the reason I've been treating soccer teams differently is because the nicknames aren't part of the official club name. They're not the Arsenal FC Gunners, they're just plain Arsenal FC and happen to also be called just plain Gunners. (A few EPL teams do have North American-style nicknames that are part of the official team name, such as the Bolton Wanderers, and I do treat them accordingly.) The same will go for my MLS sig set, if/when I get around to doing one.

Also note that I've tweaked my basic sig design template since I did the sigs that are in my, well, sig. (See "WCHA" link below for a list of the changes, as that was the first set where I included them.) This Big Ten set is in the new style. I eventually plan on redoing the NFL, NHL and EPL sets in this new style too.

Nicknames should be on same line.(this is a minor critique though) Not stacked like gophers and illini are. Maybe just use gophers and illini if spacing is a issue. Of course that would not work well with nittany lions. Lions does not sound right by itself.

See my response regarding the Purdue sig above. As for shortening two-word nicknames to one word, that would be like creating a sig that reads "Notre Dame Irish."

Wild should have team logo on left side, again unless all NHL is setup that way.

Again the Wild sig isn't part of this set. (See "NHL" link below.) Anyway, the reason I have that logo on the right is because the logo itself faces to the left, and it seems wrong to have the logo facing away from the center of the image. I did this for other sigs with left-facing logos in that set too, like the Blackhawks. I also did that for some of the NFL and WCHA sigs.

Maybe Big Ten logo is a little overpowering and should be downsized a little to match NFL and NHL size.

I might do this, if I can get it to a size that's still large enough to read.

CCSLC signature.png

After chewing on your suggestions above, I have updated my Big Ten sig set and posted them here. I will soon be taking down the old versions, so mods, please feel free to close this thread.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived