Edmonton Oilers Concept

elliott

Other jersey concepts:

NBA to NHL crossover

Atlanta Thrashers

Buffalo Sabres

Phoenix Coyotes

Tampa Bay Lightning

Back to the Gretzky era we go! Brought back the royal blue, along with the orange instead of the new navy, copper, and red scheme (I hate that). Added a little bit of modernness with the alternate oil drop on the shoulders.

Is this a change for the better? Do you like the colors but not the stripes? Tell me what you think.

C+C please!

oilersconcept.gif

Your shoulder patches, dog. You're using a template where you should only be able to see half of the shoulder patch (the other half would be on the back of the jersey.) Other than that, not bad. I can see you are improving your work with each successive concept, so I gotta give you props there. Add some numbers to the jersey and do the back of the jerseys, along with the helmets, pants, and socks, because this concept seems incomplete. This is a good start, but this can be improved upon too, so see if you can tweak it because this may have some potential.

-E.A.R.

***EDIT: Use a browner or darker red.***

-E.A.R. (x2)

The oil drop logo looks way out of place. Ditch it. And the shoulder yoke seems to just end abruptly. It seems like you just cut it off. Maybe rounding the ends off will help.

1. The colors don't look right - the blue looks purplish, and the orange is too red. The Oilers just wore their vintage sweaters for the Messier tribute night.

2. The squared-off shoulders look wrong. Really wrong.

3. The waist striping looks like more of a modernized Islanders pattern - made worse by the colors (and yes, I know both teams wore identical colors in the past).

4. Current alternate logo looks horribly out of place with the homage to the past.

All in all, I'm not finding a lot that I like about this one. Sorry.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived