Chinese Taipei Concept

speedy

Okay, I've hit a creative wall in most of my other projects so I was farting around today and realized I hate the WBC's jerseys (most of them anyway). So, I'm throwing a little side project together and redisigning the National Teams for the 2009 WBC. Now onto the first team.

Chinese Taipei.

Why did I chose this team first? I don't know, probably because their current uniforms leave alot to be desired. One rule I tried to keep with this project is to keep the logo's and wordmark's the same, to try to gain visual identity associated with the WBC, if that makes any sense. Well whatever, the uniforms, as you can see are based off the Montreal Expos of the mid 70's and 80's. Yes, that even means powder blue aways, I figured this would work in the far east because of their desire to have garish uniforms most of the time. Not much more to say about this, so here it is...

Taipai.png

C&C as always...

They look very 80s. Any reason why you have the Olympic logo on the shoulder patch? I don't believe that the WBC is associated with the IOC. Unless I'm mistaken I believe the removal of Olympic baseball was the whole reason for the WBC. Perhaps if you modified that "Taiwan Sun" into the center of the WBC logo that would be more appropriate.

Overall, good work and a definite improvement over their current set.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

This may sound silly, but why is it in English?

I wondered that myself. I don't have an answer for you other than the standard Brash American answer. Which is, english is the best language so everyone should use it. But seriously, I don't really know, I'm guessing since only the far east uses the English version of their respective names, it's probably just them trying to adjust to a different market. Many NPB teams also use English versions of their names as well.

i believe they used english becuz majestic designed the unis, and the wbc was created by the brass at mlb, an american institution.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

About the whole Chinese Taipei flag, it seems they have different flags for both the soccer team and paralympics [link]. The best solution is to probably stick the WBC logo in place of the olympic rings.

This may sound silly, but why is it in English?

Mostly because everyone wants to follow the American model of baseball, and that includes the uniforms and branding. Especially the Yomiuri Giants [link], who are based off the old New York Giants, and the Chunichi Dragons have a logo like the Dodgers. I'm not too sure, but I think Japanese on uniforms, both romanized and in it's original Japanese, are more common in high school baseball, since a lot of teams don't have mascots.

Quest2copy.pngnflseattlelr4.png

fifaunitedstateschampsnc4.pngTottenhamHotspur.png

Archived