Japan Concept

speedy

Part 1

Chinese Taipei

Up next in the World Baseball Classic Redesign is, the defending champions, Japan.

A little history to start, Japan entered the 2006 WBC as a somewhat longshot to win. They started off in pool play with a 2-1 record, advancing to the 2nd round alongside Korea. Lackluster play led to a 1-2 record in Pool A. Despite losing to both the USA and Korea, Japan advanced to the semi-finals when the USA was unable to beat Mexico in the final game of pool play. With a struggling Japan team facing an undefeated Korean team, who defeated the Japs twice in pool play, it seemed as though Japan would be sent packing. A dominating 6-0 win though, carried considerable momentum into the championship match against Cuba, as they were able to win the Classic with a 10-6 victory.

On to the uniforms, Japan sported these boys at the '06 Classic, and these at the '04 Athens games. As you can tell, the far east has a thing for gaudy uniforms, hence the following design.

I'll start off with the cap logo, at the '06 Classic, this was on the cap. Don't really understand why they had to put the countries name on there, so I just put the J on the red sun, as you can see. For the jersey's, I did keep the script. I like it, and it definitely says Japan (I don't mean litterally, duh). Now, the first thing that probably caught your attention was the shoulders. I was just messing around with designs and actually liked this one, I think it's a nice upgrade from what they currently have. The numbers, do they look familiar? They should. Yes, I have profund distaste for these god awful numbers, but they work well for a team like Japan IMO. One final note, YES, those are pullovers. Deal with it.

Japan.png

C&C as always...

They look great. I like the "J" on the hat not the full "Japan". The home jerseys are great. But I don't like the white just thrown in there on the dark unis. Mabye a thin strip of gold where the white is now would help.

saBS.png

These jerseys are great! The best part is the cap and cap logo definately says "Land of the Rising Sun".

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

They look great. I like the "J" on the hat not the full "Japan". The home jerseys are great. But I don't like the white just thrown in there on the dark unis. Mabye a thin strip of gold where the white is now would help.

There is gold between the Red and White. It may be hard to see on the roads, but it's in the same spot it's in on the home ones.

There is gold between the Red and White. It may be hard to see on the roads, but it's in the same spot it's in on the home ones.

Yeah, I can see it now that you point it out but the white area looks a little odd to me. It may just be me though, But overall this concept is great.

saBS.png

The sleeve design looks absolutely dope. Not sure how I feel about the cap logo, I think it looks a bit cluttered with both the "J" and the rising sun. The Nats numbers work okay with these just so long as they stay on the back of the jersey and not the front. Great work overall.

QPR%20Sig.png

I think it looks good. The thing that I would change, is the cap logo. The "J" on the sun is a superior improvement over the the word, "Japan," but the alignment is wrong. Rotate the "J" so it matches the "J" in the wordmark and you'll have a winner.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

i thought the Japan wordmark on the hat was out of place, but i really like what youve done with these. now just send this to the bozos at majestic and youve got a winner.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived