Republic of Korea Concept

speedy

Part 1

Chinese Taipei

Japan

The next team in my World Baseball Classic redesign is, Korea.

Korea entered the 2006 WBC as favorites to advance from the far east. They plowed threw the first two rounds of pool play undefeated. Advancing from the first group with huge wins over Taiwan and China, then squeeking by Japan 3-2. In the second round of pool play, Korea had a bit harder time advancing. Narrowly beating Mexico 2-1, and just edging out Japan agan, 2-1. Korea handled the US and Dontrelle Willis rather easily, defeating the team from across the Pacific 7-3. Although Korea was 6-0 threw their first 6 games, and defeated Japan on 2 occasions, they'd be meeting in the WBC Semi-Final. Koji Uehara of Japan pitched masterfully and Korea was unable to have an answer. They fell 6-0 to the eventual champions and ended the WBC with the best overall record, but could only manage a 3rd place finish.

Moving onto the uniforms, in the 2006 Classic, Korea sported rather tame uniforms. Although they did utilize an unfinished pant stripe and side panels.

With my uniforms, I tried to keep a simple theme, while being unique. I once again utilized the pullovers, which will probably be the last time I use them in this project. I added some black to make the logo's pop a little bit more than they did on just the blue. For the hat, I once again used the Montreal template, and just like the pullovers, it'll be the last appearance in this project. I kept the road's a very, very light shade of gray as to not throw off the white shoulders/hat, but don't worry, they're still gray.

Okay, enough of my talking, onto the actual concept...

Korea.png

C&C as always...

This is my favorite out of the ones you've done so far. I like simplicity. The one thing about them I don't like are the black ,er, lines (could we call it piping? or too thick?), on the jerseys and hats.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Awesome job on doing these. It was a great idea. Although, even though Korea used all blue during the WBC, it would be cool to use red in the design. Both North and South Korean football teams use red as their primary color so it would be well fitting.

I agree with the addition of red to this concept.

To clarify - how is this cap an "Expos template"? The Expos' old hats had two white front panels, two red side panels, and two blue panels in the back. These have white front panels, what looks like a thick border stripe surrounding the front panels, then blue the rest of the way back. Were this really an Expos pattern, the side panels would be black, not blue.

These have been sharp, all upgrades so far. Nice work as usual.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I agree with the addition of red to this concept.

To clarify - how is this cap an "Expos template"? The Expos' old hats had two white front panels, two red side panels, and two blue panels in the back. These have white front panels, what looks like a thick border stripe surrounding the front panels, then blue the rest of the way back. Were this really an Expos pattern, the side panels would be black, not blue.

These have been sharp, all upgrades so far. Nice work as usual.

Well I meant to say Expos style with the Tri-Colored hat, my fault.

Archived