People's Republic of China Concept

speedy

Part 1

Chinese Taipei

Japan

Korea

Moving onto the final chapter of Part 1, I present China.

China came into the World Baseball Classic with very little, if any, chance of even advancing into the 2nd round of pool play. They opened the Classic with an 18-2 loss to Japan via the mercy rule, the bright spot? China saw its first of only 2 homeruns hit in the entire tournament, coming off the bat of Wei Wang in the 4th inning. China didn't have any success in their 2nd game either, falling 10-1 to Korea. Only mustering 2 hits the entire game, one being a round tripper by Shou Yang in the 8th inning. Already being eliminated after 2 games, China went into the final game playing for merely pride. Same old, same old for the Chinese squad. Being handed a defeat by their baby brothers Taiwan, 12-3, committing 3 errors in the process. China left the Classic very quietly, being outscored 40-6 in their 3 losses.

Next up, the uniforms. China had probably one of the classiest uniforms at the WBC, so it was hard to update them. Prior to the Classic, China played in these. A major downgrade in my eyes.

Onto my uniforms, yeah if McDonalds had a national team they'd look like this, so let's get rid of those jokes now. Thanks. The script and cap logo I think is absolutely beautiful and works perfect for China. I took the Oakland A's route, and developed both colored tops for home and road. I got rid of the standard block numbers they use, and mimicked the script style, I like the way that turned out. I'm not sure if overall they look all that fantastic, as they're probably my least favorite out of part 1.

China.png

C&C as always...

Up next, Part 2: USA, Mexico, South Africa, Canada

If McDonalds had a national team, they'd look like this :P

In all seriousness, I really like what you've done with these. The Pirates-style numbers work really well with the Olde English script (although why China ever used an Olde English wordmark is beyond me). I'd almost like to see white trim for the away numbers/wordmark, though. Something on the outside of the dark red would work well without washing out the yellow too much. Great job, once again.

QPR%20Sig.png

I really, really like the road ones. But the home ones are a little too bright for me. I think I'd perfer the C on the Road caps to be white, and I don't like the yellow bill on the home caps. One thing I do like on the home jerseys is the red outline on the white numbers and letters. That's cool.

I think this is a really, really cool series of concepts.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Archived