Let's Get It Started. Black Eyed Peas

Eye

Oh yeah. Let's do this. However, here are the first four teams in the Hip Hop Hockey League so far.

N.W.A

P$C

Stones Throw Records

Onyx

Introduction: The Black Eyed Peas consist of four members. Will.I.Am, Taboo, Apl.de.ap., and Fergie. Fergie joined the group in 2003 just in time for "Elephunk" after Kim Hill left in 2000 after being featured on the group's first two albums, "Behind the Front" (1998) and "Bridging the Gap". The Peas also came out with an album in 2005, "Monkey Business", their latest work as a group. Will.I.Am has had a successful solo career, while also working for many other artists as well (producing and being featured in various songs.) Fergie just spawned a solo career as well with the release of her album "The Dutchess". I love Will.I.Am as far as his work goes with BEP. It's been nearly flawless in my opinion; however I am not the biggest fan of his solo albums. To me he's good alone, but is that much better with BEP. I only like some of Will.I.Am's songs, but like I said, he is bad ass with BEP. Fergie, I don't like her debut album to be honest. Sorry Stacy, it's just the truth and this dog's opinion.

The uniforms: Double blue (maybe triple blue, but the third color is more of a purply-blue.) So we got a dark-ish blue, more of a teal-ish blue, and a purpl-ish blue. It may not sound good here, but it contrasts pretty well if you know how to use white effectively.

The home uniforms: Has that old time, classic, Montreal Canadiens feel. This is far and away my favorite uniform out of the bunch. The colors contrast superbly, and the jersey just has that "pop" so to speak and the elephant logo shows up nicely. Speaking of which, that is the crest. 'Tis also outlined in white so it gives that contrast that I previously mentioned. The stripes that go across the chest are white/teal/white, with the jersey being that darker blue. What we gots on da shouldazzzz is that sort of, I don't know how to describe it, but look at the Florida Panthers uniforms, or the Pittsburgh Penguins home uniforms from 1993-2002. I guess I'll call it a "pointy yoke". The numbers are not any higher on the back of the uniform (well, I shouldn't say that, they are not DRASTICALLY higher on the back of the uniform) than any other concept for the most part. That yoke, man, that yoke. Well, that chest stripe also runs across the back of the jersey, so naturally, the numbers had to be moved up a little bit. Now, on the Florida Panthers unis and the Pens unis from '93-'02, (two other uniforms that have the "pointy yoke") the names are above the numbers. Not here, guys. The names are below on this concept. It sort of reminds me of an old basketball team's uniforms, the Kansas City Kings come to mind. Anyway, the names and numbers are white, outlined in that teal-ish blue. As for the striping on the sleeves and bottom of the jerseys, the stripe on the bottom of the uni is purple, and the sleeve stripes have a purple/white/purple/white/purple pattern. Heh, I used the Penguins road unis from 96-98 as a reference. (Here's a bit of trivia, those Pens jerseys I just mentioned became their primary road unis and were so until 2002 when they replaced the threads that said PITTSBURGH diagonally, similar to the New York Rangers. Those Pens unis, I believe, were the first alternate jersey to replace a primary jersey. The Dallas Stars replaced their primary road with their current road (also their alternate for one season I believe?) after the 1998-99 season, the same season in which they won the Stanley Cup on Brett Hull's controversial goal, over the Buffalo Sabres, 4 games to 2.) That, folks is your NHL uniform, history lesson for today. Back to the concept. Haha, forgot to mention, helmets are the darkish blue, so are pants, gloves, and socks, with a white/teal-ish/white striping pattern.

The away uniforms: Not too fond of these babies. Same design as home, just excluding the chest stripe. Colors are changed around here, so that white is the predominant color. Helmets, and gloves are the same, with of course, the socks becoming white. Make your own judgment on these away threads, I'm not a huge fan of 'em, but decide for yourself.

The home alternates: Not a huge fan here either. Teal is the predominant color here. Again, colors are switched around to emphasize the teal-ish blue. Domes and socks are now teal-ish, while the pants and gloves are the dark-ish blue (they are for all three uniforms.) Not the biggest fan, but decide for yourself how you feel about this one.

C & C as usual would be appreciated, so bring it. Thanks for reading.

Primary uniforms:

BEPprimaryunisfinal.png

Alternate uniform:

BEPalternateunifinal.png

-E.A.R.

I like the first ersey and i wish you used the middle striping throughout the whole set. I was also hoping that the 3rd was going to have a monkey business logo. Oh and I think the names would cause a problem seeing how ome players choose to tuck the back into their shorts. But other than that you've done a good job.

Hi, how are you?

ill start off by saying that BEP came to my school a couple years ago and they were pretty damn entertaining, and I got the experience of going on their tour bus after the show and hanging out with them. They are good people.

I like the choice of crest, it works great, but I think it works best with the Canadiens stripe. That should be on all 3 jerseys IMO. The colors look nice, but I think the purple/blue could be eliminated and I would like it better. You always seem to try something new, like the one leg stripes on the Onyx concept, and this time it really works for me, the names below the numbers are a good unique touch. On a different tip, will.i.am is a very good producer, Nas' "Who Killed It?" is one of my favorite beats right now. I'm glad you did a BEP concept, nice choice.

ill start off by saying that BEP came to my school a couple years ago and they were pretty damn entertaining, and I got the experience of going on their tour bus after the show and hanging out with them. They are good people.

I like the choice of crest, it works great, but I think it works best with the Canadiens stripe. That should be on all 3 jerseys IMO. The colors look nice, but I think the purple/blue could be eliminated and I would like it better. You always seem to try something new, like the one leg stripes on the Onyx concept, and this time it really works for me, the names below the numbers are a good unique touch. On a different tip, will.i.am is a very good producer, Nas' "Who Killed It?" is one of my favorite beats right now. I'm glad you did a BEP concept, nice choice.

I think that's really cool how you got to chill with BEP. Will.I.Am is da man and he is the reason why I started liking BEP. They were my favorite artist when I was a sophomore in high school.

The elephant was more of an album logo than the groups logo. You should have gone with the gold and black logo they have that is the wordmark of the group name.

True. I liked the logo and Elephunk was my favorite album. Do you mean this logo Steve-O?

BEPMonkeyBusiness.png

The wordmark on the top of their album cover for Monkey Business? Damn, I never even thought of using that. Oh well, I think the unis still turned out pretty good.

-E.A.R.

I really like the home jerseys. I agree with others that the chest stripe should be on the away and alts. I think that these would look better with only two shades of blue.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived