Halos reds...

oddball

All I can say is they completely blew what would've been a great jersey by making the numbers and name red with blue and white(I think) outlines! It could've been nice, but as usual this franchise screwed up. Red on red looks horrible, just as the black on black of the Giants 3rds looked bad. I figure someone will probably post the pics from tonights game before I will.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damn...I thought they learned their lesson already (see Angels 2002 BP jerseys, which had red numbers that were changed to white the next season)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

fortunately for you, gothamite, the vests are still around. if the name and numbers were white, I'd like this more...hell, even navy numbers would be an improvement. Reminds me of all those years St. John's wore red numbers on their red jerseys (albeit thickly outlined in white...with a capital K THICK, so they were at least reasonably easy to make out on TV)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I am usually for alt's or 3rd jerseys, but as an Angels fan, i've always thought they didnt need one. and they proved that to me with these Red alt's... if their gonna use red as the jersey color, then they need to use white or blue as the dominate color on the # and wording, and no grey bands around the neck and sleeves.

uofh2aa1.pnghawaiinokaoieu8.png

461177213572il8.png801177214515jw7.png

My favorite saying... "Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, so therefore i am perfect!!!"

but as usual this franchise screwed up

When has the franchise ever screwed up? The overall package is outstanding, and the name change really doesn't matter since the club doesn't even market itself with the full name anyway (the ad campaign in southern California features red billboards with the A logo only, emphasizing brand recognition).

As an Angels fan, I really like these. I have no problem reading them, since the red of the numbers appears to be slightly darker than that of the jersey (could be the reflection), and the white and gray outlines are more than adequate.

VmWIn6B.png

Are those FOUR layered numbers? Red on Blue on White on Silver? Wow...never thought I'd see it.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Then you haven't been paying attention to the Marlins for the last 4 or 5 years...

But yeah, I think it's too much as well.

I know they'd only be three layers anyways, but do their normal jerseys have the dropshadow on the numbers? I know it's on the home letters (what about away)?

Occassionally color on color looks, but rarely on an in game jersey, and certainly not with a look like that of the Angels.

im actually pretty fond of these, yes, they def. could have done better, but they also could have done much worse, and im afraid if they went with blue letters, it would have looked too much like the braves third jersey, so yes, they could have done better, but they could have also done much, much worse

Grade:B

As someone who designed an orange jersey with orange/black/white letters and numbers, count me as a fan of these jerseys. I like 'em, and hope they continue to wear them. I can't wait to add one to my game used collection.

Are those FOUR layered numbers? Red on Blue on White on Silver? Wow...never thought I'd see it.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Their wordmarks have been that way - on all jerseys - since they went to this design (courtesy of Mr. Todd Radom), but this alt is the first time the numbers have been "quadruple" twill.

Even the Gray road uniforms have had a Silver dropshadow on them...

I agree whole-heartedly with LMU, those jerseys are sharp. Just remember that they had a navy blue alternate with powder blue sleeves at the turn ov the millenium. OMG those were awesome. Red over white numbers and nave blue over white number on the right sleeve. OK, I digress. I had another thought, but the tylenol cold, asprin, coffee, benadryl and claritin are all kicking in right now, Man, I'm stuffed

At least they're easier to read than the Giants' black-on-black ones...

I have to agree, and what makes them better is the fact that the white outline of the numbers and script tends to help them jump off of the jersey much better.

Archived