WNBA jerseys

Delux247

At the WNBA Draft today they've unveiled new jerseys for the teams. The have weird logos inside the side panelling. I also noticed they've incorporated the new/old NBA style basketball into the Draft logo. Were they going to use that style too?

ujsignature.png

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The side pannels work for some teams, like Detroit and San Antonio. It runs the risk of introducing a cookie-cutter like look though, so some teams should probably leave the pannels black and focus on different design elements.

The side paneling for these WNBA jerseys seem to serve a style purpose kind of like those New Era caps that have one of the six panels embroidered with a big logo:

1_250.jpg

Now, are all the home jerseys getting three stripes (a subliminal Adidas advertisement)?

I think the WNBA is the only league that can pull this off.

. . . because . . . ???

Because nobody gives a darn about the WNBA.

Yeah, particularly since nobody in the NBA can shoot worth a darn; all they can do is dunk ... no wonder we can't win Olympic gold anymore.

I like the Shock road (a thunderbolt worthy of the Dick Vitale-era Pistons) and the San Antonio road. The Lynx road looks absolutely awful.

Looks like the WNBA is mandating city names on the roadies, I guess. Thing is, I don't think the word "Washington" has appeared on a Bullets or Wizards or Mystics uniform before this season.

capt.29684cb055164617b5bea6f06257de8d.wnba_draft_basketball_ohtd110.jpg

I like this jersey.

One thing I saw, though. Does the placement of the city name on this Silver Stars mockup mean that every WNBA team will have the surname under the number (a la late 70s Kansas City Kings and Duquesne University)?

fullj.getty-73751225cc060_2007_wnba_dra_3_59_04_pm.jpg

"If a WNBA game is played anywhere, and no one gives a crap, does it really make a sound?"

Hey, at least they still play a team sport.... :P

Good point. You see, I really enjoy watching Florida's men's team because they share the ball, don't make rash decisions, shoot well, play good defense, and rebound.

I'm really surprised that all of these fly-by-night super-prep schools, shoe company agents, and other flacks don't recognize this.

At the WNBA Draft today they've unveiled new jerseys for the teams. The have weird logos inside the side panelling. I also noticed they've incorporated the new/old NBA style basketball into the Draft logo. Were they going to use that style too?

The draft logo appears to show a white ball with four brown wedges on it. I guess that the other pole appears to show a predominantly brown ball with four white wedges. I can't imagine the league making two different basketballs as shown here:

fullj.getty-73751225cc066_2007_wnba_dra_4_17_38_pm.jpg

Wonder if this ball will be gone by mid-season, too.

Yes, the ball has only 2 panels, with four fingers each.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This jersey is sweet lookin in my opinion:

http://www.nba.com/gallery/WNBADraft/070404_33.html

The cutline is wrong:

" ... receives her Lynx jersey ..."

IT'S CONNECTICUT, BAMA!!!!!

BTW, I like the Sacramento purple jersey.

I just wonder if Adidas will make sew-on replicas available. Throughout the Champion, Reebok, and Nike eras, all they've sold in the stores have been the cheapo screenprints.

Archived