Ambidextrous Pitcher

lopernv

I used to always have fantasies of being the only ambidextrous quarterback in the NFL or any pro football league (even though i can't throw a football worth a $h*!) or ambidextrous pitcher. Now we see one does exist.

If EVER an amibdextrous QB makes himself known, I PROMISE you he will have his day in the NFL (at least some team's taxi squad).

And it already ALMOST happened once: anyone remember Tee Martin, used to be QB #17 for the Tennessee Volunteers? Well yeah...pretty decent college QB who played righty.

Dude was a born lefty; his dad just taught him how to play that way...or something like that. Shoot...my boy back home is a pool shark who kills shots lefty; dude's a born righty.

maybe it's time for me to practice some more basketball skills...work on my shooting and ballhandling. (I ain't really all that good, but I handle and shoot primarily lefty...I'm a born righty.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I recall Greg Harris being able to throw with both arms but he waited a long time to try and only did it once.

When he was in Boston, he had both a righty and lefty glove in his locker. The media always dreamed of him pitching on back-to-back days, but the Sox never entertained the idea.

I used to always have fantasies of being the only ambidextrous quarterback in the NFL or any pro football league (even though i can't throw a football worth a $h*!) or ambidextrous pitcher. Now we see one does exist.

If EVER an amibdextrous QB makes himself known, I PROMISE you he will have his day in the NFL (at least some team's taxi squad).

And it already ALMOST happened once: anyone remember Tee Martin, used to be QB #17 for the Tennessee Volunteers? Well yeah...pretty decent college QB who played righty.

Dude was a born lefty; his dad just taught him how to play that way...or something like that. Shoot...my boy back home is a pool shark who kills shots lefty; dude's a born righty.

maybe it's time for me to practice some more basketball skills...work on my shooting and ballhandling. (I ain't really all that good, but I handle and shoot primarily lefty...I'm a born righty.)

I was born a righty, but my Grandpa, who taught me how to play sports, was a lefty, so I did things the way I saw him do them. I can't do anything sports related right handed, though, so this guy's got me beat by a longshot.

This guy would be great to have. He'd be a saving grace to a lot of bullpens since you wouldn't have to have a guy come in and face one hitter because he's left handed, or whatever. This guy can just change his arm.

IUe6Hvh.png

Isn't there an MLB rule saying you can't pitch with both arms in one game?

Pretty silly rule. In my opinion, if you're going to have that rule, you should have to have one where you can't bat from both sides of the plate in the same game. At least to be consistent.

IUe6Hvh.png

Pretty silly rule. In my opinion, if you're going to have that rule, you should have to have one where you can't bat from both sides of the plate in the same game. At least to be consistent.

The rule is you can't pitch with both arms during an inning. You have to tell the umpire when you are switching and he will alert the opposing managers.

It's the same rule for batters, if you switch hit you can't swap in the middle of the at-bat, you just make the umpire aware of which side you are using this time.

The rule is you can't pitch with both arms during an inning. You have to tell the umpire when you are switching and he will alert the opposing managers.

It's the same rule for batters, if you switch hit you can't swap in the middle of the at-bat, you just make the umpire aware of which side you are using this time.

Close, but I think the rule is you can't pitch with both arms in the same at-bat. You can switch during the inning.

LvZYtbZ.png

I know a guy who can pitch both overhand and submarine, but coaches won't let him do it. I think that'd throw batters off though. Like imagine if the ambidexterous kid also could throw overhand or submarine...it'd be like four pitchers!

Seriously though, that is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

heh, I'm a righty, with one exception I use the right hand for everything that requires only one hand. The exception? Arm wrestling. It never fails, damn near everybody I've arm wrestled can beat me righty fairly to very easily, I can't remember the last time I won righty. Lefty, though, I kill mugs...generally, I only lose lefty if a: the guy I'm up against is equally strong lefty as righty, or b: dude's a natural lefty, and it's the former more often than not (and that aint that often).

I've tried switch hitting, and though I can swing lefty, it feels funny. can't say I can throw lefty that well (I've tried that too).

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I remember seeing Michael Vick throw right handed and it was suprisingly accurate. Especially considering it's Michael Vick we're talking about. The notion of player who can go both ways would have some merit, but they would still have to be very good going either way. It doesn't do much good to have a guy who could throw either way if they were both only moderately effective.

I remember seeing Michael Vick throw right handed and it was suprisingly accurate. Especially considering it's Michael Vick we're talking about. The notion of player who can go both ways would have some merit, but they would still have to be very good going either way. It doesn't do much good to have a guy who could throw either way if they were both only moderately effective.

True enough...

...but that raw talent alone would be enough to warrant more than just a look, if not for anything more than (in my best Mel Kiper Jr. voice) "upside and potential".

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived