StPatty33's Edmonton Oilers Concept

StPatty33

Ok, so there are teams out there that have uniforms that more or less have something to do with the team name, location, etc. There are also plenty of teams out there that just have stripes on their jerseys and that's it, for example.

I've decided to start a new series where I go through each NHL team and create a 3rd jersey for that team that's theme-based. I haven't had time to make a new display template since I've changed my graphic studio name, but I wanted to get this out here today even without all that fancy presentation.

Without further ado, here's the first in the series:

EDM1.png

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

I gotta say yet another concept of yours I like. I like the use of the 3rd jersey crest to make a jersey, the only thing is that while it does tie in with the city/name/theme I wouldn't mind some shoulder logos. I was thinking the shoulder logo from the old 3rds would work perfect. Just a thought, but over all great job, I'm excited to see the rest.

SEAsig.png

I think that turned out really well. Its a bit unrealistic I think, and I can't imagine it on ice, but, for a concept, its one of the cooler ideas I've ever seen. I happen to love that Oilers logo, and I really like the color scheme you've used. The orange piping works very nice. I like the number style, and more orange accents. I also like how its symmetrical. A lot of people when they try things like this make them very asymmetrical, and you didn't.

Can't wait to see what you do to Detroit.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Another clever concept in the series, I think. I think it's missing something on the front; the oil drop is nice, but I don't know how boldly it stands out.

What I'll say about these, for those who are quick to say "these are nice concepts, but they'll never fly on the ice"; think of them as one-off concepts -- maybe something nice to do for a promotional night or something. Hell, it's nice to think outside the box every once in a while.

philly.png

This might (note the italics) look good with the number on the front, Buffaslug style (same font / color as the back.)

Also, the blue outline of the oil drop looks lighter than the navy that is used elsewhere in the jersey. It may look better if the blues were the same.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This might (note the italics) look good with the number on the front, Buffaslug style (same font / color as the back.)

Also, the blue outline of the oil drop looks lighter than the navy that is used elsewhere in the jersey. It may look better if the blues were the same.

I agree. I think if I moved the logo down just a bit and put the numbers on the front it might look great.

The jersey does come off as plain to me, but with these form fitting jerseys, for some reason plain doesn't look bad with the little accent stripes down the side ala the all-star jerseys.

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

I gotta say ... as TATC looking as this is ... its really quite nice. I might want to see the gears become less literal, and a bit more suggestive in nature ... but the color scheme looks great like this.

Love the oil drop alone ... looks much more 'oilery' to me this way. Very interesting way to give a contemporary look while still staying 'heritage' looking. Nice stuff man.

The jersey itself is executed wonderfully, but when you see what the sleeves are going to look like in use, it'll like like a big blue spike with blue teeth sticking out the sides and gray dots outside them. I don't know where the sleeve numbers would go, But I would suggest making them white with a single thick copper outline.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived