StPatty33's Colorado Avalanche Concept

StPatty33

***UPDATE BELOW***

Some of you may remember a white-out concept I did for the Avs about a year and a half ago. This is the same basic concept, only slightly more modern and only slightly more realistic--although it would have to be a sublimated jersey.

I'm sure I'll do more than one Avs concept in this series, as I have several in my mind ready to be churned out electronically.

Here is the first in the series, if you haven't seen it yet:

On to team #2 in my series of creating 3rd jerseys that are related to the team name, theme etc...:

Colorado Avalanche

COL1.png

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

So its supposed to look like snow? Anyways, it looks good, the logo is cool. Its a little too simple for me though. Also I might want to see some maroon...Or does that not go with the snow idea?

I think you just answered your own question. ^_^

You know what? I like it. Why? It's different. I like the subtle use of gradients and the cleverness of the concept itself. Is the lack of maroon a bad thing? Perhaps, but I think it would seem out of place.

The only thing I don't like is the "Colorado"s at the bottom of the front and back. I'm not sure why, they just look tacky to me. But this is my only complaint in an otherwise really, really sweet concept.

philly.png

I think I liked the original version better - that is without the gradients. They really aren't needed on the front, and IMO take away from the snow effect. I also don't like words on the bottom-front of jerseys, maybe because if you can read it, it means you're staring in the area of some guy's junk.

Might it work with no gradient / word on the front, but keep the back as you have it? If not, then I'd lose the gradient on both sides. Maybe use the gradient on the numbers only, to give them a little more contrast while still staying within the theme.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So its supposed to look like snow? Anyways, it looks good, the logo is cool. Its a little too simple for me though. Also I might want to see some maroon...Or does that not go with the snow idea?

The maroon represents mountain, and I want this to be more like you're buried in an avalanche and there is no mountain anywhere, just snow. Plus the maroon gets old, in my opinion.

The COLORADO on the bottom was more of an afterthought--I was curious how it would look.

Originally (a year ago) the jersey was all white, but I gave this first one here a gradient because I was trying to make it more plausible to see on the ice. Most (if not all?) 3rd jerseys are dark jerseys, so I was trying to find a way for it to be a home-style jersey, but still get my concept across. In hindsight, it would have been hard to distinguish between a white away jersey of a visiting team and the light gradient jersey I posted up there.

So, I say forget the dark 3rd jersey rules... here's the update (the numbers are darkened for contrast--there's no way white on white would fly in the NHL):

COL2.png

spacer.png

i really like that, thats freakin awesome! a little cartoonish tho, but hell thats an original concept and thats what we've come to expect from you.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Both versions of this jersey are pretty sweet. But you know what? I think I like the one with gradients a little better. This is the first concept I've seen where someone has made gradients actually look good.

Great work, I can't wait to see the rest of it.

Thanks for all the great feedback, everyone! I'm working on ideas for other teams at the moment--expect more concepts as soon as is humanly possible!

I actually really love this concept, but I find your logos always seem like they have been pulled out of a cartoon series, and the logo would look better if it was formed like an "A" or had a flag with you "c" logo.

Yeah, I created this logo a couple years ago and released it on here to very mixed reviews (everyone either loathed it or loved it). I've since improved in my logo-making abilities and need to revisit this one to do it right.

I think the concept for the logo is solid, it just needs to be redone so it's not as cartoony. I'll probably end up using the Sharks stick, or find another minor league logo or something to use as a reference for the stick, instead of just freehanding it, essentially. I'll add white ambient light reflections on it too, to further emphasize the vastness of the snow.

If I had more time I'd really like to create another completely different logo--a big St. Bernard head with a barrel around his neck, like the Avalanche rescue dogs.

Oh well--I'll get working on the next in the series when I get home tonight!

spacer.png

Some things that randomly struck me:

Have you every thought of incorporating the buried stick into your custom C logo? Have the shaft of the stick extend out of the snow flow at the bottom of the C. Perhaps the stick creating an A to go along with the C. It may be overly busy, however.

To emphasize the cold and crushing nature of an Avalanche, perhaps add icicles to the stick.

Maybe add the bigfoot print in the snow below the stick, to show that it's the other team's stick in the snow.

I don't think it's too cartoony, I think it's just cartoony enough. Cartoons are the only place that getting buried in an Avalanche is amusing, so that aspect fits just right. It's a great concept that turns the whole jersey into part of the logo, and I love it.

I love everything about it! Totally unique, and very creative. It's my opinion that if this jersey were to be made and sold it would be on of the NHL's top sellers. Hell I would want one and I hate the Avs'

The first time I looked at this I didn't really like it. Then I looked it over some more and actually decided it's pretty cool. I love everything about except the logo looks a little too cartoony for me. Other than that I like it.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived