NFL Huddles

neo_prankster

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a poor idea by the NFL in early to mid-08's. They were even on field. Probably just an attempt to capitalize on the popularity of The Smurfs in the US. The blue cartoon characters, not Charlie Brown (WR) and Alvin Garrett from the 1982 Super Bowl team.

So keeeeeyooot!

I had the Rams one there, I think I got it as an Xmas gift when I was a wee lad. The funny thing was that we were thousands of miles away from L.A. at the time. :D

And if I remember correctly, the Packers' huddle had a thick string of kielbasa.

As a kid, I had the NFL Huddles bed set, complete with sheets, pillowcase, and comforter. I still use the comforter on the couch in the basement when I'm down there watching TV :) --it's damn comfortable when its cold down there...

On edit:

NFLHuddles1.jpg

&

NFLHuddles2.jpg

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

That was a poor idea by the NFL in early to mid-08's. They were even on field. Probably just an attempt to capitalize on the popularity of The Smurfs in the US. The blue cartoon characters, not Charlie Brown (WR) and Alvin Garrett from the 1982 Super Bowl team.

Booooooooooooo! These were sweet back in the day as a kid. Ditto on the sheets...I got an old set packed up somewheres.

27e0_1_b.JPG

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

i've never seen these before... anyone know where i can see an oilers one?

9f85_1_b.JPG

at first, i thought the wrench was a guitar... which would be fitting, considering they're in music city now.

I have a Seahawks one!! They were my adopted second team (aside from the Bowns) when I was little. "They had cool helmets!" Plus, who wanted a huddle of a "Brown" which really looked like a plain little boy?

It's a gray or (grey) "Seahawk" with a blue jersey. I'll try to get an image up here.

I had the sheets and curtains that had a silhouette of a player in action. Then next to it, it would read:

BROWNS

BROWNS

BROWNS

BROWNS

...in the team word mark. All teams were on the sheets. It wasn't team specific.

As a kid, I had the NFL Huddles bed set, complete with sheets, pillowcase, and comforter. I still use the comforter on the couch in the basement when I'm down there watching TV :) --it's damn comfortable when its cold down there...

On edit:

NFLHuddles1.jpg

&

NFLHuddles2.jpg

I had those sheets. Even when I was 5, I was pissed that the sheets had the Bears, but not my Packers.

At our school's library they had a few Huddles story books. I even remember some of their names: Packy Packer, Buckles Buccaneer, Jumbo Jet... it must've taken a long 5 minutes to come up with those.

I still have a few of the figurines. I have the Steeler guy, the Cowboy, the Redskin guy, the Dolphin, and for sure the Buccaneer. The Buccaneer's helmet had Bucco Bruce's logo feather cut off on one side and it went into a 3-D feather that extended well above the helmet....are these worth anything?

I also have the 12" plush Redskin

KISSwall09.jpg

Wow, talk about a trip down memory lane! I never had any of the figurines or bedsheets, but I had three of the books. Their leader was "Coach", IIRC. Helped me become the Patriot fan I am today!

On edit:

NFLHuddles1.jpg

&

NFLHuddles2.jpg

I had those sheets. Even when I was 5, I was pissed that the sheets had the Bears, but not my Packers.

At our school's library they had a few Huddles story books. I even remember some of their names: Packy Packer, Buckles Buccaneer, Jumbo Jet... it must've taken a long 5 minutes to come up with those.

I had this set as well. The Packers, Cardinals, and Oilers I believe were absent from the sheets/comforter. Also...you had the large huddles and then the tan outlined huddles in the background. The Patriots huddle appears in the outlines of the background...but is never featured as a larger huddle...unlike all of the other background characters.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

I remember these as a kid, but I wasn't a big fan of my team's 'Huddle' -- the Cowboys -- so I never got any. Had this been the determining factor of my favorite NFL team instead of the helmet a few years earlier, I might have gone with my original blind choice -- the Rams -- after all. (Or something more cuddly, who knows.)

And if I remember correctly, the Packers' huddle had a thick string of kielbasa.

Your memory serves you well.

3945_1_b.JPG

Pictures of some of the live-mascot versions here.

What does the Browns one look like?

3d2e_1_b.JPG

I think for teams with nice literal names - the Bears, the Dolphins, the Rams, the Jets - these were a cute idea for kids. But too many teams had names that aren't really conducive to a stuffed toy.

NFLHuddles2.jpg

:D The Redskins' one is so funny, but somewhat offensive :unsure::(. At least the character wasn't red-skinned.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived