Red Sox Concept

LEWJ

The sleeve patch is alright, but the striping is unoriginal and it seems the same as every team that has recently redesigned.

Unoriginal? :Oo: OK so there's two other teams with the same striping, beside the Angels....the Giants, and Padres. They're not even in the same league. Neither of those teams "recently redesigned" anyway. It's been more than three seasons.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The sleeve patch is alright, but the striping is unoriginal and it seems the same as every team that has recently redesigned.

And what the Sox currently use for piping is so original? Considering it's just a single color on the sleeves and down the placket.. come on man.

As for this though, I love the Sox current package and feel this as a downgrade. A few things I'm goin to pick that I don't like...

1.) The triple piping, it's too, I don't know, bulky for the Red Sox, I like the single color piping they use presently.

2.) Sleeve patch, no. I don't like sleeve patches in general, so nothing against yours, but I certainly don't like it for the Red Sox.

3.) The hats. Blue/Red brim I have always hated, reminds me of a fashion cap or something. Blue/Blue brim, well perfection. Red/Blue brim it pains me to say this, but no. This was my favorite Sox cap growing up but ever since Spring Training when they wore the all red caps I've hated these. Go all red and I'll like it.

4.) The socks, bring back the Red stirrups with white and blue stripes on top. God those were gorgeous.

It's a nice idea for a concept, but I know it wouldn't work, and not just because it goes against Red Sox tradition.

If you ever watch the movie "Fear Strikes Out" starring Anthony Perkins as Jimmy Piersall, you will notice Perkins wearing a uniform like the one you designed. And it just looks out of place. It looks wrong.

Good try, though.

Speedy, please take a deep breath. You have been on a streak of ripping angrily everything I say. And LEWJ, admit it it is not exactly inventive. All I meant was it would be nice if you came up with something new to be an upgrade rather than a downgrade/the same. I also am not a fan of your logo change which I failed to notice before. "BOSTON" is blue for a reason. The Sox tend to use blue as a road color more than Red. (i.e. Jackets, sweatshirts, BP jerseys).

QUOTE(patsox#1 @ Friday, May 11th, 2007 - 16:44:44) *

Unoriginal? Oo.gif OK so there's two other teams with the same striping, beside the Angels....the Giants, and Padres. They're not even in the same league. Neither of those teams "recently redesigned" anyway. It's been more than three seasons.

Don't forget the Nats!

Speedy, please take a deep breath. You have been on a streak of ripping angrily everything I say. And LEWJ, admit it it is not exactly inventive. All I meant was it would be nice if you came up with something new to be an upgrade rather than a downgrade/the same. I also am not a fan of your logo change which I failed to notice before. "BOSTON" is blue for a reason. The Sox tend to use blue as a road color more than Red. (i.e. Jackets, sweatshirts, BP jerseys).

Unoriginal? Oo.gif OK so there's two other teams with the same striping, beside the Angels....the Giants, and Padres. They're not even in the same league. Neither of those teams "recently redesigned" anyway. It's been more than three seasons.

Don't forget the Nats!

Wowww, Just their alt jersey.

I'm sorry my concept doesn't exactly "float your boat." The least you could've done was tell me what to do to improve on it.

Fine, this is what I would just ditch the sleeve logo altogether, maybe keep the piping style and lose the blue stripes belonging to it, lose the red billed and red hat, lose all sidepanel colorings on the BP, make the alternate midnight navy, and revert to the current primary logo. I don't hate everything about your concept, I'm just a really nitpicky Bostonian and don't really want to see the Red Sox change what in my opinion are near perfect uniforms. I really do like the BP ideas and the blue undershirt idea.

Fine, this is what I would just ditch the sleeve logo altogether, maybe keep the piping style and lose the blue stripes belonging to it, lose the red billed and red hat, lose all sidepanel colorings on the BP, make the alternate midnight navy, and revert to the current primary logo. I don't hate everything about your concept, I'm just a really nitpicky Bostonian and don't really want to see the Red Sox change what in my opinion are near perfect uniforms. I really do like the BP ideas and the blue undershirt idea.

Thanks for your input.

Don't forget the Nats!

I'm sorry my concept doesn't exactly "float your boat." The least you could've done was tell me what to do to improve on it.

Reow! You know one of the C's in C&C does stand for criticism, so don't act like a child when you get some.

Now for my C&C. I agree with Speedy that the piping is too bulky, and whoever said it was unoriginal BUT in your defence it is kind of hard to create an original stripe pattern on a baseball jersey, you're bound to look like someone else's. Personally I liked the socks on the sleeve without the circle around it, but I think it's too big and dominating against the simple design of the shirts. Bring back the stirrups and eliminate the red w/ blue hat and I think you've got something!

I'm not ripping what you say, I'm correcting what you say. It seems as though half as what you say is incorrect, so I fix that for you. Thanks

Don't forget the Nats!

Reow! You know one of the C's in C&C does stand for criticism, so don't act like a child when you get some.

Now for my C&C. I agree with Speedy that the piping is too bulky, and whoever said it was unoriginal BUT in your defence it is kind of hard to create an original stripe pattern on a baseball jersey, you're bound to look like someone else's. Personally I liked the socks on the sleeve without the circle around it, but I think it's too big and dominating against the simple design of the shirts. Bring back the stirrups and eliminate the red w/ blue hat and I think you've got something!

Thanks. I'll look at adding the stirrups.

[We say C AND C for a reason. We'd like both the positive aspects and the negative, meaning we'd like to hear some positive feeedback, and things we could improve upon. If we wanted to hear just the negative [or vise versa] we'd say C or C.]

Archived