Mid-Continent switches name

nd1irish

Will they be based out of Summit, Illinois?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

OK, now I think the Horizon League should change its name back to the Midwestern Collegiate Conference. You know, just to confuse everybody in the country who follows college basketball only at tourney time.

QPR%20Sig.png

OK, now I think the Horizon League should change its name back to the Midwestern Collegiate Conference. You know, just to confuse everybody in the country who follows college basketball only at tourney time.

Exactly, similar leagues now have similar names...again.

Now we just need to get change names of the MAC and the MAAC.

Who is the moron who thought that being called the Summit League sounds better than the Mid-Continent Conference. I have not been a fan of recent conference name changes; Horizon, America East, Summit, Atlantic Sun are all inferior names than the original conference name.

Wouldn't "Summit" imply there's a mountain somewhere?

Aside from Southern Utah, none of the representative schools are exactly known for their proximity to any majestic peaks.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

You know? A big part of the reason they switched to the Horizon League in the first place was because of all the confusion between Midwest Collegiate Conference and Mid-Continent Conference. Although I wouldn't call them similar leagues. It's pretty clear by how the MCC took half the league from the Mid-Con in 1995 that they're on different levels.

At least the MAC and MAAC don't represent the same part of the country... save for one city.

I have not been a fan of recent conference name changes; Horizon, America East, Summit, Atlantic Sun are all inferior names than the original conference name.

I disagree. I think having "Collegiate" and/or "Athletic" in every name makes them sound unnecessarily generic. But I do think conference names should refer to some kind of region. I always thought that a name like "Northern Sky Conference" or "Great Lakes Conference" made more sense than Horizon League.

You know? A big part of the reason they switched to the Horizon League in the first place was because of all the confusion between Midwest Collegiate Conference and Mid-Continent Conference. Although I wouldn't call them similar leagues. It's pretty clear by how the MCC took half the league from the Mid-Con in 1995 that they're on different levels.

At least the MAC and MAAC don't represent the same part of the country... save for one city.

It does get really confusing in Buffalo during Basketball season. Usually we say M-A-C or M-double A-C.

saBS.png

Archived