Buffalo Sabres Concept

Flame

**SEE MY NEXT POST FOR UPDATE**

Other NHL:

Anaheim Ducks

Atlanta Thrashers

Boston Bruins

Hello everyone, i'm back to doing concepts again! This time it's the sabres, and i changed quite a lot as you'll see. Firstly, for the colors I used a lightened version of the sabres navy, the old yellow, and their current silver. For the alt I used a darkened version of their original blue.

Also, for what I think is the best part is the new logo i cut and pasted together! I recoloured the Sabres old alt logo they used on the red jersey. Then i used the same Buffalo from the original logo, and just put it on. I think it looks really cool, and gives a nice modern, yet vintage feel.

Onto the jerseys: I wanted them to look like the original Sabres jerseys which were absolutely gorgeous. I didn't use 3 stripes because I dont think Reebok wants that since it represents Adidas (even though they are the same company), so instead I used 2, with a white and silver trim. I used the B logo they have on their current unis for the shoulders. For the away jersey I kept the yokes they had on the original. For the alt: This one is pretty much hit or miss, some might like it, some might not. What it is, is pretty much their old striping pattern, combined with the original striping pattern, but with white between the spaces (I added white because of the same adidas reason). At first I didn't like it that much, but it's grown on me, but it's up to you guys to decide..

Oh, and how could I forget the slug? I kept it on the pants just because they've done pretty good with the slug, so why not?

buffalosabreshomeconcepsl7.png

buffalosabresawayconcepjf0.png

buffalosabresaltconceptvf7.png

Done on MS Paint, C&C please! :flagcanada:

***UPDATE ON MY NEXT POST***

espnsignq8.png

The home and away are okay, but I would go with only one stripe set. Obviously, they are really not going for a traditional look. The alt is horrible, very messy and completely random striping. The arm and waist stripes are different thicknesses, and they don't go with the curved design at all.

I love the new logo you came up with. I do think that the stripes look a little big though.

He didn't come up with it. He stole the entire idea (if not by directly copying it) from www.newblueandgold.com.

Umm...no he didn't steal it, but he also didn't come up with the idea. Its nothing more than a copy/paste job, and the idea isn't even from newblueandgold.com. All of the logos are really building off the 70s logo. New Blue and Gold modernized the old logo, Flame took two logos and put them together.

• 3 weeks later...

He didn't come up with it. He stole the entire idea (if not by directly copying it) from www.newblueandgold.com.

Umm, first of all, i'd never seen the site before until he posted his Vancouver Canucks post recently. So please don't make up bs that I stole the idea. Like I explained in my post, I got the old swords logo they had with the red black and silver color scheme, recolored it to navy, yellow, silver and white, then added the buffalo from the first logo on there. A cut and paste job on paint.

Umm...no he didn't steal it, but he also didn't come up with the idea. Its nothing more than a copy/paste job, and the idea isn't even from newblueandgold.com. All of the logos are really building off the 70s logo. New Blue and Gold modernized the old logo, Flame took two logos and put them together.

Thank you.

Erm, anyways I actually decided to update this since I was bored, I did this last night..

I made the stripes a lot more smaller on everything (jerseys, pants, socks) , and I still kept the silver trim on the stripes. For the alt, I made a different horn thingy which looks kinda cool, and made a new striping pattern, along with adding navy to the alt.

buffalosabreshomeconcepvo3.png

buffalosabresawayconcephh5.png

buffalosabresaltconceptdq1.png

Better, worse, still bad?

espnsignq8.png

• 1 month later...

That's the same jersey the Buffalo Bisons of the American Hockey League used in their final season of 1969-70. The Herd wore Red jerseys with Royal stripes with a White outline and White numbers outlined in Royal. The White jersey had Red stripes outlined in Royal. Ditto for the numbers. Both sets carried the Pepsi bottle cap logo. The Herd wore Red pants (Ranger style). They were nice uniforms, but not as good as the UCLA-striped sweaters used from 1959-69.

Archived