Mariners vs. A's TBTC

bterreson

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3ae67bfd-5747-4b8e-8927-5225539ac80f.jpg

38f5bec7-225a-4af6-855f-a4c752082063.jpg

The only word I can think of to describe this is "gorgeous."

I'm still hoping that one day the Pilots road unis will make a throwback appearance on the field:

pMLB2-2379603dt.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If both teams really do it right, this has the potential to be the best-looking TBTC game ever. The M's original pitchfork unis with the funky rounded numbers against the A's in their lighter green and brighter gold, with those thick sleeve stripes? Hopefully, both teams will be faithful to the '77 look and rock the beltless pants and stirrups.

If the Pilots throwbacks are any indication of what to expect, this one should be good. Those Pilots unis are awesomely done, down to the striped stirrups and the scrambled eggs on the helmet brims.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Wow. Those Pilots jerseys are amazing.

Stripped Stirrups. My heart skipped a beat at the beauty.

At any rate, this could be a really good looking TBTC game. Gotta love the old Pitchfork Mariners jerseys. The 1977 Dressed to the Nines Pages on these two teams are here:

Mariners, Athletics

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Just a side note, the Mariners probably shouldn't be wearing Pilots throwbacks.

Why not? It makes more sense for Seattle to wear them, considering it's the Pilots' city, than it does for the Brewers to wear them.

The Brewers shouldn't because they were one season's worth of jerseys nearly forty years ago in a completely different city. There might be some people in Seattle who actually remember the Pilots -- so, if we want to see the Pilots' throwbacks, it should be in the Pilots' home of Seattle.

Either that, or the Brewers should wear the Pilots' roads sometime when they visit the Mariners. But if Seattle is not involved somehow, the Brewers shouldn't be the ones to bring them out.

Why not? It makes more sense for Seattle to wear them, considering it's the Pilots' city, than it does for the Brewers to wear them.

The Brewers shouldn't because they were one season's worth of jerseys nearly forty years ago in a completely different city. There might be some people in Seattle who actually remember the Pilots -- so, if we want to see the Pilots' throwbacks, it should be in the Pilots' home of Seattle.

Either that, or the Brewers should wear the Pilots' roads sometime when they visit the Mariners. But if Seattle is not involved somehow, the Brewers shouldn't be the ones to bring them out.

But it makes more sense to have Seattle Pilots throwbacks for the Milwaukee Brewers in video games!?

If anyone should be allowed to wear the Pilots throwbacks it's the Brewers. The Pilots are part of the Brewers history, and when it all comes down to it the Pilots and the Brewers are one in the same franchise.

The Mariners are basically ripping off part of an other team's history when they wear the Pilot unis. The M's have their own perfectly good classic uniform set to wear if they feel like going retro. Don't jack an other team's history.

What if the Mariners played the Brewers in interleague play, preferably in Seattle...

Seattle Pilots night with both teams wearing Pilots jerseys, one home, one away!

cause that wont get confusing with one team wearing "pilots" from seattle and one team wearing "seattle" from milwaukee..

I like the Pilots vs. Pilots idea. Both classic home and road unis get showcased. Mariners pay homage to Seattle's first major league team, Brewers pay homage to their first incarnation.

I believe we have seen "Braves vs Braves" games between Atlanta and Milwaukee in the past

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• 2 months later...
just reminding you to watch Sunday! I'm going to the game, but I don't have a telephoto lens at the moment.. so probably no pictures from me.

ph_tbtc_175x175.jpg

Unfortunately I'm out of town this weekend, but I've got the HD DVR set to record the game! They did show the jerseys during the M's broadcast on Thursday. Looks like the A's will be wearing the gold tops instead of the green.

Archived