bulls logo & uniforms

andrewharrington

i did not stray too much from the bulls' great uniform set here. the diamond is still present on the shorts, but the complex striping has been paired down to two pipes. the logo, as well, stays true to the original while presenting itself as a more modern visual translation of the classic bull. it's a little closer to the current aesthetic present in modern sports branding.

bulls.png

this is a detail of the logo.

bullslogo.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

the logos great. but theres just something about the uni's that make them look way too plain. still a fine job though

could it be that there's no striping on the "belt buckle" area of the shorts?

Love the logo! Its a great modernization, which wont piss off the "purists/traditionalists".

I never understood the "diamond" on the shorts, what s that about? If theres no real signifigance I would change them.

I think going back to the cursive scripts could look real good as well (the old Style CHICAGO, as well as a matching cursive style BULLS)

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

While I think the Bulls logo and unis fall into the "it ain't broke, don't fix it" category, and would thus not advocate this change, I think you've done a very nice job here. Excellent work, a very clean modernization thats recognizable and easy to look at. It's fun to see other possibilities even if one doesn't think they should be implimented.

If ever there were an update to be done to one of, if not THE top uniform set in the NBA, this would do nicely. As for the more modern bull, a part of me wants to go "nah" to the half-shadow effect, only because after the Timberwolves first used that with their wolf head logo, I saw that effect being OVERUSED.

HOWEVER...as executed here, that is right fine, and a VERY acceptable modernization, if ever the Bulls were to make a change. I would not be mad at all if they were to (hypothetically, of course) go with this.

(And, I don't know if you know anything about the runor the Bulls were toying with adding some silver to their set, but if you did, kudos for straying away from that!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The only change I would make to the existing Bulls set is to use the Chicago script on the red jerseys: same style, black with white trim. Oh, I suppose I'd also retire the black jerseys. Aaaaaand I'd take that logo off the back of the neck. Okay, that's three, but two of them are restorative changes; only one is a departure.

I love the striping pattern, though, so there's no need to simplify that. And while that's a really nice update of the logo, I'm not sure I'd replace what's on six world championship banners.

The other change I notice you made was going from serif to sans-serif for the player names. I prefer serif.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Shoot, this is pretty damn good, and I know my cousin would love this. Looks like he's gettin more surprises than that Devin Hester jersey I'm making him :D cus for real, I NEED to borrow that bull now B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 2 weeks later...

Archived