Hockey > Football Crossover III

capn89

Is there a history behind why football uniforms have large numbers on both the front and back? No other sport does that to my knowledge, just small number then logo or wordmark. Why couldn't you do a football jersey with a logo on the front? Looks pretty sweet if you ask me!

capn, are you going in any specific order with these? If not, do a Maple Leafs one next! I think the alternate will look awesome!

Is there a history behind why football uniforms have large numbers on both the front and back? No other sport does that to my knowledge, just small number then logo or wordmark. Why couldn't you do a football jersey with a logo on the front? Looks pretty sweet if you ask me!

capn, are you going in any specific order with these? If not, do a Maple Leafs one next! I think the alternate will look awesome!

I never understood that either. I always liked the idea of hockey jerseys because the name and number on the back may get the glory but you play for whats on your chest. As for what's next, I'm not really going in any order, just doing them because I've been bored, so Leafs may as well be next. :P Not sure when, but once I'm bored again, they'll be along.

My assumption is that it makes it easier for the officials to determine if all the players on the field have properly checked into the game, and also to ascertain in some cases if a play is legal (such as an instance where a player touches a ball and is not allowed to do so, like a lineman catching a pass when he is not an eligible receiver). Having numbers on the chest, back, and both sleeves allow the officials to properly police the game.

I like these a lot. The only thing I would suggest, is lower the bottom stripes on the number jerseys. Also, lets see some helmets. I think the old Penguins logo would look good on a helmet, the robo penguin I think is what it is called.

Also, I think the reason the NFL doesnt have a full sized logo on the front og the jerseys is because there are two logos, Steelers the exception, on both sides of the helmet

wAj9T56.png

I just realized. According to the actual jerseys, you have the stripes on the sleeves wrong. Theyre supposed to go up on the inside.

Oh crape! You're right, but I was just trying to keep the "V" shape of the design. Good eye, though.

crosby-dark-jersey.jpg

Archived