Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Football

sc49erfan15

After VCU, who were one of the only teams to have a major upset in this year's NCAA Tournament (along with my Winthrop Eagles, shameless plug there), I decided to make Texas A&M-Corpus Christi the next team in the "schools sans football" series, due to their absence of football (obviously) and their near-knocking off of Wisconsin in the first round of the tournament.

The Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders:

TXAMCCFootball.png

-No real distinguishing features on any of the other sports' jerseys, so I had free reign here. Went with something modernish but still not busy. Don't know how noticeable it is, but the piping is dual-color.

-I gotta say, this might be the most complicated logo in the history of...everything. There are like nine different gradients. And their uniform colors, sportswise, are all over the place. Basketball is green and blue, baseball is green and blue, and some other uniforms throw some Carolina blue in there as well. However, on these, I just went with the basic green and blue.

Pretty much all I can throw out there...gotta be at work early in the morning so I should wrap this up. C&C would be great, thanks in advance.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Likin' this, Shane. You've got something solid here, despite being hamstrung with a poor logo and a short-form name that's too unwieldy to make into a monogram (TAMU-CC?!?!). Seriously, I see that logo and see a tidal wave coming to wipe out the poor Islanders living there. Not the kind of imagery you'd think the school would want, but maybe I am misreading it. The colors are one of my favorite athletic combinations (damn you Mavs and Seahawks!!!), and the uniform is clean without being boring. Good work again!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I've always envisioned TAMUCC in white helmets, but you pulled off the green ones quite nicely. I really like the overall design and could see this being used in real life (the school is actually considering starting a football program with their recent move to the Southland Conference)...

QPR%20Sig.png

I really don't know much about how the school uses their colors for their athletic teams, but I do know that the institutional colors are purely the lighter Blue, Green and Silver.

Here's the color breakdown for the athletic teams:

TexasAMU-CorpusChristi_ATH_9999_SOL.jpg

I've always been under the assumption that the lighter Blue was the more primary color, but I certainly could be wrong.

• 1 year later...

Archived