Blue Jays to go retro in 2008

CC97

After attending today's Jays/Mariners blow-out I ran into Jays president Paul Godfrey outside the stadium and asked him about the team wearing retro uniforms... he told me that they will be wearing retro uniforms for every Friday home game in 2008, basically doing what the Brewers are doing this year.

No details on the era of uniform or anything, but I'm looking forward to it

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You made my day happy Chris.

But ya thats great news, it will bring back some memories, and such great jerseys ( imo ) and I get too see them every Friday next season.

I will have to go to a game at least one Friday next year lol.

4kv29i.jpg

Woo, we once again will get to see the T-Bird every friday!!! :P

I'm just hoping they wear the original blue jerseys... those would probably represent the best jerseys worn in baseball at the moment.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

OK, here's a radical idea. A few years ago (maybe 2001?), the Braves went retro, home and road for the entire month of June. I'd like to see something like that happen league-wide. It probably wouldn't be feasable for teams to do home-and road retro Fridays, but what about going all-retro for a month?

OK, here's a radical idea. A few years ago (maybe 2001?), the Braves went retro, home and road for the entire month of June. I'd like to see something like that happen league-wide. It probably wouldn't be feasable for teams to do home-and road retro Fridays, but what about going all-retro for a month?

Only if they promise to wear high socks and/or stirrups.

After attending today's Jays/Mariners blow-out I ran into Jays president Paul Godfrey outside the stadium and asked him about the team wearing retro uniforms... he told me that they will be wearing retro uniforms for every Friday home game in 2008, basically doing what the Brewers are doing this year.

WOW! World Series-era unis I'm assuming ('92-'93)- wonder if the hats will be all-blue or if the ones with the white front panel will appear. I prefer the all-blue one, it was the first "authentic" (New Era 5950) I ever owned.

I actually like what they wear now...but like every true Blue Jay fan LOVE those unis, soccer-number font and all!

"Nixon bunts!...Timlin on it...throws to first.......for the first time in history, the World Championship banner will fly north of the border! The Toronto Blue Jays are baseball's best in 1992."

WOW! World Series-era unis I'm assuming ('92-'93)- wonder if the hats will be all-blue or if the ones with the white front panel will appear. I prefer the all-blue one, it was the first "authentic" (New Era 5950) I ever owned.

I actually like what they wear now...but like every true Blue Jay fan LOVE those unis, soccer-number font and all!

"Nixon bunts!...Timlin on it...throws to first.......for the first time in history, the World Championship banner will fly north of the border! The Toronto Blue Jays are baseball's best in 1992."

sad part is i don't think they have made the playoffs since their world series wins.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

sad part is i don't think they have made the playoffs since their world series wins.

No, they haven't. Not going to this year either!

That would be a cool new trend if more teams adopted retro Fridays or Sundays. I hope the Jays go with their inaugural unis myself.

Yup. I also hope more teams jump on the retro bandwagon (i.e. the Mets in their racing stripe unis from the 80's, the A's in their colorful "Swingin' A's" era uniforms from the 1970's, the Red Sox in their 1975 unis, or the Astros rainbow-styled get-ups from the 70's and 80's).

YOZXkBG.png?1

I personnaly prefer the ending of the next World Series... Carter's homerun! I always been an Expos and Jays fan...

But God I hated those Pearson Cup games back in the 80's... Who does remember these?

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

That would be really cool! I hope it is the ones they wore when they were World Series winners! When I think of the Toronto Blue Jays, that's what I think about!

That would be a cool new trend if more teams adopted retro Fridays or Sundays. I hope the Jays go with their inaugural unis myself.

Would that mean that the Brew Crew would be Trend Setters then?!!!? ;)

Kyle

packchampionslfroh.png

Archived