The Grateful Red

mcrosby

The thread in the Sports logos section really got me thinking to how simple the badgers uniforms could be, and i think that the one time deal in the 90's was a great try, even if it was just a Dallas Cowboys templete complete with Cardinal.

so for this concept i got rid of the black, it just doesnt seem neccessary. I tried to keep simple with every part of it--tell me whatcha think

badgerdq8.png

I really, really like these. Totally gets away from the Nebraska similarities.

The only things I would change would be to make the helmet with one stripe or none. Maybe lose the 'Motion W' on the chest.

I would love to see these on the field.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

Very nice. For "uniformity" purposes, I'd either drop the helmet stripes, or add them to the pants. Maybe as an homage to the past, have a small motion W at the back end of the helmet, or use a small Bucky there - repeating the pattern on the pants.

It's where I sit.

It's not necessary to make Bucky completely red. Most mascot logos use colors that aren't "official." As far as the unis, take the sripes off the helmet and reduce the W on the pants by about 75%.

Inspired by Simplicity should be the state slogan of Wisconsin.

Yea, because Lake Geneva is the whole f***in' state... :rolleyes:

I think an all-cardinal Bucky doesn't read as well as the black-and-cardinal version.

I like the basic layout, but I think you're making too much use of the Motion W. And that has nothing to do with my disdain for the motion W - even if I liked it, repeating it five times on the uniform is too much.

Still, it's pretty good. Dropping the black is a huge improvement.

Excellent, excellent concept.

Couple of things I'd change nonetheless:

1. Bucky needs the black. I applaud keeping black off the uniform, but the little animal logo just looks better with two colors. Taking the black off the football team's uniform is a good thing. But I'm not sure all my wife's UW sweatshirts need to have all-red Bucky logos.

2. Just look at that stripe on Bucky's head. The helmets need a single, wide stripe down the middle. Still, better no stripe at all like your second version than run-of-the-mill double stripes.

I'd really like to see the Badgers wear these uniforms.

I take that back. I'd really like to see U of Minnesota wear uniforms as good as what you've designed here for the Badgers!

20082614447.png

If you are looking to emulate badger striping, this is a badger:

badger.jpg

That would seem to suggest negative striping (i.e. white stripe bordered by red on white).

The road outfit isn't very red without, oh, RED PANTS!

And while you're at it, for something red that UW's never done, what about red shoes?

Packers-2.png

Speaking of which ...

_43995400_bagde.jpg

British blamed for Basra badgers

The badgers appeared near the British base in Basra

British forces have denied rumours that they released a plague of ferocious badgers into the Iraqi city of Basra.

Word spread among the populace that UK troops had introduced strange man-eating, bear-like beasts into the area to sow panic.

But several of the creatures, caught and killed by local farmers, have been identified by experts as honey badgers.

The rumours spread because the animals had appeared near the British base at Basra airport.

UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer said: "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.

"We have been told these are indigenous nocturnal carnivores that don't attack humans unless cornered."

The director of Basra's veterinary hospital, Mushtaq Abdul-Mahdi, has inspected several of the animals' corpses.

He told the AFP news agency: "These appeared before the fall of the regime in 1986. They are known locally as Al-Girta.

"Talk that this animal was brought by the British forces is incorrect and unscientific."

Dr Ghazi Yaqub Azzam, deputy dean of Basra's veterinary college, speculated that the badgers were being driven towards the city because of flooding in marshland north of Basra.

But the assurances did little to convince some members of the public.

One housewife, Suad Hassan, 30, claimed she had been attacked by one of the badgers as she slept.

"My husband hurried to shoot it but it was as swift as a deer," she said. "It is the size of a dog but his head is like a monkey," she told AFP.

THE HONEY BADGER

Also known as a ratel, it is a large, sharp-clawed mammal

At around 100cm (39in) long it is slightly bigger than its British woodland cousin

Capable of taking on a cobra, the animal weighs up to 14kg (30lb)

Its Latin name is mellivora capensis, and it is indigenous to Africa and the Middle East

Packers-2.png

Inspired by Simplicity should be the state slogan of Wisconsin.

Inspired by ...?

IMAGE1.jpg

Considering they're about to lay off all their Wisconsin workers and move to Tennessee... methinks not.

Although there must be a Bruce Pearl joke somewhere in here...

Archived