Your Worst Ally.

infrared41

This just seemed like a natural response to Swiss' "best enemy" thread. This one is just the opposite. Who are players that, despite the fact they were on one of your teams, you just don't like, or never liked etc...

For me,

Travis Hafner. I just don't like the guy. I couldn't tell you why.

Andy Katzenmoyer when he played for Ohio State.

Jeff Garcia when he played for the Browns. (Trent Dilfer too but I don't know of any fan base that ever liked having that guy on their team.)

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are only a few...

3) Andruw Jones for the last couple of years. Although he was on my fantasy team, I just really despised the fact that he swung for the fences EVERY TIME AT BAT.

2) Boris Diaw when he played for the Hawks. Idk if it was rookie growing pains or just no talent, he freakin' SUCKED and showed no signs of doing well. Then he goes to the Suns and gets some talent. What the hell?

1) Jason Webster. OMG. This guy was a CB for the Atlanta Falcons, and probably the worst one we've EVER had. People didn't throw to D-Hall because they knew that throwing the ball over Jason Webster's head was good for at least 12 yards a pop. This guy couldn't cover himself in bed, and his backups were so much better, yet stupid Jim Mora Jr. kept starting him because the two of them were good friends. This guy went out game after game and got burnt in every game he played. Yet he still got the start. And then he was also injury prone. If he wasn't injured, then he was getting burnt. If he wasn't getting burnt, then he was getting injured. A vicious cycle. But yeah, this guy was just horrible.

Kevin Brown. I've never disliked a player for one of my favorite teams more than Kevin Brown. I had the fortune of attending his last Major League game in Anaheim, and although the Yankees lost the game, I was so, so happy that he had pitched his last game as a Yankee.

Kevin Brown. I've never disliked a player for one of my favorite teams more than Kevin Brown. I had the fortune of attending his last Major League game in Anaheim, and although the Yankees lost the game, I was so, so happy that he had pitched his last game as a Yankee.

Funny that's exactly how I felt when he was a Dodger, mostly because he was an overpaid bum for us.

Also on my list, Mike Vanderjagt, Brett Tomko and Dan Cloutier.

espnsig.gif

Chris Chandler

Mark Rypien

I don't like now....

Lawrence Phillips

Leonard Little

Az Hakim

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Jay F'n Mariotti

Edit: I wasn't paying attention, and was blinded by my hatred for Jay Mariotti. I now realize that his inclusion in the list doesn't make any sense. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone.

-Andrew Peters

I wached him play his minor hockey in Oshawa...he would go out of the way of the play in order to make a hit, and take some really stupid penalties. I never really understood how he got in with an NHL team with his style of play.

For the Habs, Koivu and Kovalev have never really done it for me. I always feel like the Habs are building around Koivu, waiting for him to break out, and he never does and likely never will. I've never had alot of faith in Kovalev either. Samsonov was a huge bust too. After his hot playoff run with Edmonton I was stoked. Then the whole thing bombed. Goodbye Sergei, enjoy Chitown.

Pat Burrell.

I f'ing hate that guy... but he wears the red pinstripes so...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is an excellent thread, infrared41!

About Celtics, Canadiens and Dolphins, I haven't any dislikable player.

Red Sox:

- Grady Little because I didn't like his presence... he looked very gloomy and I sensed that he was slow. Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS proved me right this feeling.

- Joe Kerrigan looked pompous.

- Hideo Nomo because he was a Dodger despite pitching a no-hit game for the BoSox.

I should mention Roger Clemens and Wade Boggs, but when they played for the Sox, I liked them. I disliked them only after their departure so they don't enter in the "worst allies" category.

SF Giants:

- Barry Bonds. I started rooting him but gradually I disliked how he was managing his position with the media about the steroids stuff. When he broke the all-time HR record, I thought that it was really historic but didn't feel any special.

- Barry Zito... you guessed it: A's past.

- Stoneham because of his decision of moving the franchise from NYC to California.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Brett Hull. Glad his days with the Red Wings were few. Someone needs to shove a sock in that idiot's mouth.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Archived