Seattle Officially in MLS

realmo

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
www.seattletimes.com

www.seattlepi.com

I'm hearing that the new team won't be called "Sounders" nor will the Sounders colors will be used...

Name the team contest coming next week

But, uh, what if "Sounders" wins a write-in vote? <_<

(Not that I support "Sounders" myself...)

Seattle Super Sonics FC!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The question will be if the current Sounder team will stay in the USL or will the team move to the MLS.

If the current Sounder team stays in the USL, then the new MLS team will need a new team name. I'm thinking Emerald City F.C., OK so it's a bit European :P

untitled21.jpg

Redskin IS a racist term, no matter how Daniel Snyder tries to spin it.

Seattle Super Sonics FC!

That would actually work.

Except that MLS would have to deal with the NBA, the same league that gave us "Los Angeles Lakers", "Utah Jazz", and "New Orleans Hornets".

That shouldn't be a problem for long.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The question will be if the current Sounder team will stay in the USL or will the team move to the MLS.

If the current Sounder team stays in the USL, then the new MLS team will need a new team name.

Given that the owner of the current USL version of the Sounders - Adrian Hanauer - is also part of the Seattle MLS ownership group, I'd say that the USL's Sounders will be going "belly up" when the MLS franchise begins play.

If you're trying to build a major league identity, using the name of a floundering lower-league team, even for all of it's tradition, is not a genuine step forward.

Uhhh....they're the 13th best team in the country and arguably higher. Just pretend they got "promoted" that way current fans are happy and new fans....well they'll come one way or another if they like what they see on the field.

If you're trying to build a major league identity, using the name of a floundering lower-league team, even for all of it's tradition, is not a genuine step forward.

Tell that to the Baltimore Orioles, San Diego Padres, and Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. :rolleyes:

Today, we are all otaku.

who cares. the :censored:ers in seattle don't deserve the team.

I second that emotion. From everything Ive read, Garber wanted a team in Portland. I guess the deep pockets in seattle won out. Have fun in quarter full stadium, guys. might as well call them Lame Duck FC.

Archived