Tampa Bay Lightning Rebrand/Concept

DawgPacPBH

Very nice. Solid logo and the lightning bolts coming around the shoulders is really cool. Great use of the EDGE template aswell...it actually looks non-boring unlike a lot of "EDGE" concepts I have seen.

**Edit**this is my 700th post aswell!

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

That's almost mind-blowingly good. Not that it's one of the best concepts I've ever seen -- it's solidly above average -- but that it stays so close to the current Lightning "look and feel" and yet it doesn't suck. It's actually quite good. Which makes it absolutely amazing. I honestly did not think it would be possible to maintain a consistent "look and feel" with the current Lighting uniforms and still create attractive hockey uniforms.

So very nicely done. I really don't mean to damn with faint praise; this may not be a stunner of a concept, but you've done very thoughtful work here and executed better than I would have thought possible, given the design challenge you set for yourself.

20082614447.png

That's almost mind-blowingly good. Not that it's one of the best concepts I've ever seen -- it's solidly above average -- but that it stays so close to the current Lightning "look and feel" and yet it doesn't suck. It's actually quite good. Which makes it absolutely amazing. I honestly did not think it would be possible to maintain a consistent "look and feel" with the current Lighting uniforms and still create attractive hockey uniforms.

So very nicely done. I really don't mean to damn with faint praise; this may not be a stunner of a concept, but you've done very thoughtful work here and executed better than I would have thought possible, given the design challenge you set for yourself.

What he said.

Very nice.

The ONLY thing I can critique is maybe a little too much silver....but i'm just being picky.

SigReflect.png

All I have to say is

THROWBACK NUMBERS!

tampabaylightningconcepff5.png

Wonderful! I love the patern design and the colour scheme for all three jerseys! though my prefference for the numbers are the ones Tampa used for their first season (maybe season two as well). It may be a cliche but I never understood why the Ligthning never did a logo featuring Zeus/ lol But I'm rambling..great work here.

Great job! Its a rare case of taking the old and updating it beyond a tweak. its instantly recognizable as tampa bay, but doesnt stay in the box as a lot of hockey concepts do. the few things id like to see are a thicker grey line around the bolt and maybe seeing that shadow grow from a line and possibly extend to the right side. also, id like to see what it would change the jersey to see the black lines around the shoulder bolts (the top on either side of the neck) thicken up a bit

DawgPac, I've always loved your concepts and felt that you were one of the best logo designers here, but this one just disapoints me. I think the logo looks very clipart-ish, or even something that was taken from a 5th graders art folder. On the contrar, I love the jersey style. I love the colour blue that you used and I would be very intrigued to see what they would look like with the newer and older logos attached to them. If you do those, I do hope you keep your current colours and recolour the logos.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I agree with Brass on the logo. I'm not totally sold on it, though I agree that it's a departure from what they have, which is good.

Other than that, I find it very innovative, and I love the baby blue -- combined with the numbers, it gives a pretty full on vintage effect.

Good job, Dawg.

philly.png

I really like the jerseys and colours ...

But I am also not totally sold on the new logo you designed . I like the overall idea of the logo but it just doesnt take me back right away and i dont know if it is an improvement over the exsisting logo .

I would suggest maybe making the lightning bolt a bit thinner and edgier , maybe on a bit more of an angle and add some depth to it , maybe making it pop out a little more with some black or blue . I think the idea is solid and just a few tweaks would make it perfect ...

I like everything about these except the logo really. I'm a little iffy on the color to and how well it corresponds to the darker skies that are brought on by thunderstorms. I think you need to work on making the logo less cartoony. It doesn't blend well with the jagged nature of the striping and numbers.

Archived