Browns to get new uniforms?

buckeyes

Today on the radio i heard, while i was flipping through, "browns getting new uniforms". i thought of it as a joke and kept changing it. i came home and googled it and sure enough in kellen winslow's article in penthouse he said that the browns are getting new uniforms for next season. i am not sure how positive this is, but im sure we will find out soon. here's some links.

Winslow says new unis

newsig.jpg

-The Few, The Proud, The Paint Users.-

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've read Winslow quote on it....if it ever ends up coming to fruition i'll cry in horror. I love the Browns uniform and it's such a classic and timeless look that I just can't imagine it all Nikefied. I bet people in Cleveland would give the verbal equivalent of vomitting and it never sees the field.

Today on the radio i heard, while i was flipping through, "browns getting new uniforms". i thought of it as a joke and kept changing it. i came home and googled it and sure enough in kellen winslow's article in penthouse he said that the browns are getting new uniforms for next season. i am not sure how positive this is, but im sure we will find out soon. here's some links.

Winslow says new unis

I thought this was a joke until a friend sent me this pic:

Braylon

Winslow says new unis

Braylon

holy crap

bSLCtu2.png

Winslow says new unis

Braylon

Does anybody else see what I see in that picture? The serviceman on the sideline looks like he's got someone else's head on his shoulders. It looks like a poorly executed photoshop head transplant!

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

I've read Winslow quote on it....if it ever ends up coming to fruition i'll cry in horror. I love the Browns uniform and it's such a classic and timeless look that I just can't imagine it all Nikefied. I bet people in Cleveland would give the verbal equivalent of vomitting and it never sees the field.

I'll be crying right alongside you!

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

Winslow says new unis

Braylon

Does anybody else see what I see in that picture? The serviceman on the sideline looks like he's got someone else's head on his shoulders. It looks like a poorly executed photoshop head transplant!

That would be Romeo Crennel! Nice touch to whoever did these.

It's where I sit.

Winslow says new unis

Braylon

lol @ Romeo Crennel looking on in shame...it's as if the uniforms make him a "sad panda."

Bring back the brown over orange from the '80s. Perfect for an autumn sport.

What he said.

For a supposedly conservative franchise, the Browns have been quite liberal since their resurrection in 1999 with uniform tweaks. They've changed the pants striping 4-5 times already, added and dropped and orange jersey, added and dropped orange pants ( :cursing: ), and brought back the gray facemask.

I understand tradition...my Steelers have worn basically the same uniform since 1968 or so, but you have to update some things. For one, I'm glad the Steelers don't have a gray facemask or the block numbers any more...but that's about it!

The Packers have tweaked their unis since the Lombardi era without going crazy like the Broncos/Bengals/Falcons/Vikings have. Same with the Niners. I'm sure the Browns can do it too, although I think they just need to bring back the orange pants.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Winslow says new unis

Braylon

holy crap

He also sent me another pic of a jersey. I obviously am not promoting the validity of any of the pics I've posted; I just though it was interesting that these corresponded with this thread:

Browns Jersey

Winslow says new unis

Braylon

holy crap

He also sent me another pic of a jersey. I obviously am not promoting the validity of any of the pics I've posted; I just though it was interesting that these corresponded with this thread:

Browns Jersey

And, actually, I'm guessing that is some type of fashion jersey as it does not have the current striping on the sleeves. Just thought it looked interesting...

Archived