16-0-0

Mac the Knife

Not funny.

The truth rarely is.

(Weren't you the guy who was torqued off over the Knicks not managing their lowest score in team history against the Celtics?)

Yes, if you call me "the guy who was torqued off." I wasn't torqued off, and you're proving my point below.

See, all I get is complete :censored: for saying anything pro-Boston. This thread and the Celtics thread have evolved into an attack on me for being from Boston and supporting it, and an attack on Boston sports. Your preconceived notions about Boston fans are 99% wrong, but they come only because our teams are doing so well(you could call it jealousy). I try to be lightheaded and cool in my first post in this topic(and in the Celtics thread), but you always take my posts out of context and start attacking. You've obviously never experienced life here or else you wouldn't be making such remarks. Boston fans are the most diehard, most passionate fans(along with NY) in the country, and stick through the good and bad times. If you can't handle Boston fans going to away games(leopard88), get your fans to buy tickets! If that's what you call annoyingly arrogant, then I'll take that any day. If you're talking about bragging, come on. What's there not to brag about? All the teams are doing extremely well. This probably happen once in 50-100 years, so lighten up. Take it maturely and don't hate on Boston and call us arrogant. What are we supposed to do? Give you a consolation prize? I guarantee you, any other fans would act the same way if they experienced a similar level of success. This won't last long, and when it's over, you will all go back to giving us :censored: for sucking like in the 90's. we didn't call you guys arrogant a**holes for doing that, so can't you do the same? We don't hate you all like you hate us. So for the next 5 or so years, please suck it up. Because like others have said, you'd kill to be in our shoes in this point in time, and we are riding this as long as it lasts. I guarantee you all will rip up this post and tear it to bits like you have all my other posts in this topic and the other one. If you don't approve of us(in the words of jpslapshot), go :censored: yourselves. It won't last long.

All I'm asking for is respect from you all, which has been strikingly absent throughout this whole run. I hope that's not too much to ask for.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I try to be lightheaded and cool in my first post in this topic(and in the Celtics thread), but you always take my posts out of context and start attacking.

hmmm... :therock:

that damn halfcourt shot to end it... we would have held them to their lowest point total ever, but with no time left ****ing Nate Robinson hit a 3. I don\'t know why, but those types of things piss me off. It\'s a pet peeve... Oh well, we could have beaten them by 70 if we wanted(I\'m not even kidding)... Anyone else watch the game?

Final score 104-59 Celtics

That's lightheaded... actually.... compared to how Bostonians felt about Buckner.... yes....

I saw, I came, I left.

I try to be lightheaded and cool in my first post in this topic(and in the Celtics thread), but you always take my posts out of context and start attacking.

hmmm... :therock:

that damn halfcourt shot to end it... we would have held them to their lowest point total ever, but with no time left ****ing Nate Robinson hit a 3. I don\'t know why, but those types of things piss me off. It\'s a pet peeve... Oh well, we could have beaten them by 70 if we wanted(I\'m not even kidding)... Anyone else watch the game?

Final score 104-59 Celtics

That's lightheaded... actually.... compared to how Bostonians felt about Buckner.... yes....

I didn't go on a screaming rant, plus I said, "Oh well, it's a pet peeve". How about this:

Like I said in the intro, I was ecstatic over the blowout. It's just a pet peeve seeing potential records come up just short. It's just, there was a one in a million chance of him making that shot, and since it was at the very end, it left a slightly bad taste. Other than that, it wa the most awesome and fun time I've had watching the Celtics in my ENTIRE LIFE(seriously, 19-game losing streak last year... O.O)

Two things:

First, you don't play on any of the teams, but you seem to internalize their performance more so than any other member here, and that's saying an awful lot.

Second, you say this:

All I'm asking for is respect from you all, which has been strikingly absent throughout this whole run. I hope that's not too much to ask for.

But the sentence immediately preceding it said this:

If you don't approve of us(in the words of jpslapshot), go :censored: yourselves. It won't last long.

I hate to break it to you, but you are the exact reason people hate Boston fans. Not jpslapshot, but you. You're a caricature in the worst way.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Two things:

First, you don't play on any of the teams, but you seem to internalize their performance more so than any other member here, and that's saying an awful lot.

Second, you say this:

But the sentence immediately preceding it said this:

If you don't approve of us(in the words of jpslapshot), go :censored: yourselves. It won't last long.

I hate to break it to you, but you are the exact reason people hate Boston fans. Not jpslapshot, but you. You're a caricature in the worst way.

Ok, I understand you. I apologize for saying :censored: yourselves, but you are wrong. I didn't mean it in a hurtful way, but as a metaphor. You know that. I'm basically saying the same things as jp. Exactly how in that response, aside from that sentence, an I a caricature of the hated Boston fan? That's what I don't understand. That's what's wrong, or at least until you give me a reason. I don't intend to become CCSLC's most hated member, but please elaborate.

I apologize, but I don't quite understand what you mean by this.

Ok, I understand you. I apologize for saying :censored: yourselves, but you are wrong. I didn't mean it in a hurtful way, but as a metaphor.

It's fun, isn't it? Chatting on the Internet? Where else would someone say "go :censored: yourself" is a metaphor?

The great poets of our time must have been missing out. Imagine if Robert Frost had been around today...

The trees line the road

as the old couple walks together.

Her face plump and withered from age,

But his smile reassuring, corners turned,

cheeks rosy and lips pursed as he says to his beloved,

"Yo, go :censored: yourself"

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Ok, I understand you. I apologize for saying :censored: yourselves, but you are wrong. I didn't mean it in a hurtful way, but as a metaphor.

It's fun, isn't it? Chatting on the Internet? Where else would someone say "go :censored: yourself" is a metaphor?

The great poets of our time must have been missing out. Imagine if Robert Frost had been around today...

The trees line the road

haha, I gotta hand it to you on that one.

On the serious side though, that doesn't warrant a response in my mind. You KNOW how I meant it.

The trees line the road

I'm calling it right now... 2008 Post of the Year.

:trophy:

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

The trees line the road

Well that contest ended early. Epic post Gitlin. An all-timer.

BB52Big.jpg

The trees line the road

I may never view poems the same way again....

Haha, you know what I mean. :D
You KNOW how I meant it.

Is this a growing trend?.....

I saw, I came, I left.

The trees line the road

I may never view poems the same way again....

You KNOW how I meant it.

I second that post of the Year nomination. I admit, it was classic. (at least the poem part)

What's that second part supposed to mean, DEAD?

See, all I get is complete :censored: for saying anything pro-Boston. This thread and the Celtics thread have evolved into an attack on me for being from Boston and supporting it, and an attack on Boston sports. Your preconceived notions about Boston fans are 99% wrong, but they come only because our teams are doing so well(you could call it jealousy).

The truth comes from somewhere. We all know an arrogant Boston fan, no one is making this up or pulling it from thin air. I think this post of yours is actually evidence against your claim. Are people jealous, yes, of course, but that jealousy wouldn't lead to the disdain held for your teams fans if they weren't so quick to point out and remind everyone of their past failures which in turn is just a backhand way of reminding us of you recent success.

Boston fans are the most diehard, most passionate fans(along with NY) in the country, and stick through the good and bad times.

Yeah the Garden was packed last season for the Bruins and Celtics during their poor seasons. This statement is the definition of arrogance and isn't even true.

If you can't handle Boston fans going to away games(leopard88), get your fans to buy tickets! If that's what you call annoyingly arrogant, then I'll take that any day.

Bandwagon fans. You never saw Red Sox hats on the streets of Columbus or Cincinnati in the 90's, now you see them all the time. Explain that.

If you're talking about bragging, come on. What's there not to brag about? All the teams are doing extremely well. This probably happen once in 50-100 years, so lighten up. Take it maturely and don't hate on Boston and call us arrogant. What are we supposed to do? Give you a consolation prize? I guarantee you, any other fans would act the same way if they experienced a similar level of success.

You get the arrogant tag because you are arrogant. People didn't hate the fans of the 49er's or Cowboys or Steelers. They may have hated the team, but the fans of the teams of great success were at least tolerable

I once heard someone say that it is extremely difficult to explain to a Jerk why he's a jerk because for that person in his mind he is just being normal. The same thing applies here, your post did nothing to disprove the arrogance of Boston sports fans and if anything made you look worse. I haven't gotten involved in this thread until your post which was so over the top ridiculous that I had to respond to it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

You KNOW how I meant it.

I second that post of the Year nomination. I admit, it was classic. (at least the poem part)

What's that second part supposed to mean, DEAD?

You know what I mean... HA! :D

I saw, I came, I left.

You KNOW how I meant it.

Shaun Livingston? Is that you?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The trees line the road

postofday.png

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

The trees line the road

postofday.png

Huzzah! First past of the day of the new year. 2008 is destined to be a good one.

Archived