Boston Bruins

gingerbreadmann

So I've seen a couple Bruins concepts around here over the last week. Well, this isn't like those. It's a full set of unis and I don't use that bear. It's more old-school.

Story-behind-the-concept-that-nobody-actually-reads-but-I-write-anyway: The logo I use here is the Bruins' chest logo from 1926. As you would see from my comment on its logo page here, It is my favorite logo. Ever. I have no idea why. Anyway, I have always thought that the Bruins could have an absolutely perfect jersey using it, and that is what I tried to make here. I am quite happy with the results. They're not perfect, but I think they're some killer jerseys. The only thing I wasn't

I KNOW there are two different shades of yellow, brown, and white. It makes much easier to fill in in Paint. So don't tell me THERE ARE TWO DIFFERENT BROWNS! OMG! I know. (If you can't see them, look closely at some of the striping)

Oh and thanks capn89 for the template. I found it very easy to work with in MS Paint after another template failed.

I hope you like them as much as I do. Without further ado, the new old-school Bruins! C+C!

HOME(I couldn't decide which is better):

BRUINSWHITEY2.pngBRUINSWHITEB2.png

AWAY: ................................................................... ALTERNATE:

BRUINSBROWNY2.pngBRUINSYELLOWW1.png

I like the logo, but everytime I see that brown jersey, it just makes me want to throw up.

That's not good. I'll get you a bucket. :)

Seriously, though, I didn't think people would react to the brown that badly. I mean, am I supposed to make the jerseys BLACK? Could the brown actually be that BAD? I really like it.

I don't know. Maybe it's just me. What do others think?

Why are there two different shades of brown?

I'm such an a$$hole...

I like the idea as a throwback set, but I don't think that logo is strong enough to be a primary today. I'd like to see this concept but using the re-vamped version of that logo that is the team's current 2nd logo with a brown and yellow color swap. That could be cool.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

No, no, no. Sorry. To me, and much of Boston, the Bruins are Black & Gold. I much prefer the jersey Eddie Shore wore with this logo attached to it, than these. This seems to be a take on their newer sweaters, which as the season goes on I like less and less. I wouldn't mind seeing them return to the Shore era uni's on an alternate basis, but definitely not full time.

No, no, no. Sorry. To me, and much of Boston, the Bruins are Black & Gold. I much prefer the jersey Eddie Shore wore with this logo attached to it, than these. This seems to be a take on their newer sweaters, which as the season goes on I like less and less. I wouldn't mind seeing them return to the Shore era uni's on an alternate basis, but definitely not full time.

That one had RED! You prefer red to brown? Well, to each his own I guess. I still like their unis. Do you have any suggestions to make mine better?

I guess reaction has been pretty negative. I really don't know what to say except that I made a few more. I know the shoulder patch one is a little choppy, It didn't resize well and I was in a hurry.

BRUINSWHITEB2ALTLOGO.pngBRUINSWHITEB2ALTLOGO2.pngBRUINSWHITEBLACK2ALTLOGO2.png

What do you think?

That one had RED! You prefer red to brown? Well, to each his own I guess. I still like their unis. Do you have any suggestions to make mine better?

I guess reaction has been pretty negative. I really don't know what to say except that I made a few more. I know the shoulder patch one is a little choppy, It didn't resize well and I was in a hurry.

BRUINSWHITEB2ALTLOGO.pngBRUINSWHITEB2ALTLOGO2.pngBRUINSWHITEBLACK2ALTLOGO2.png

What do you think?

Brown and gold as a color combo isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just that the Bruins have been black and gold for so long that it seems silly to switch now.

I really like the brown. It's an oft-overlooked color. If the Bruins utilized it more, think they'd have a stronger branding image.

Seems like almost every team uses black in some form. Black's like the new navy. Remember a few years ago when almost every team that used royal blue switched to navy? Not really a strong way to show your team's individuality when everybody else uses your colors, too.

Oh, and he's wearing John Stockton's shorts because they freakin' KICK @$$!

Sigs are for sissies.

Black isn't the new navy, navy is the new black. Furthermore, the Bruins have been wearing black since the Original Six, so they should be allowed to.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That one had RED!

Um.... what?

That one had RED!

Um.... what?

Fine, reddish mahogany. But mine one is more pure brown, if you know what I mean.

gc-eddie-shore-oil-on-canvas-38x28.jpg

Bruins3.gif

Black isn't the new navy, navy is the new black. Furthermore, the Bruins have been wearing black since the Original Six, so they should be allowed to.

I agree they should be allowed to, and I think both of you are right and wrong, navy AND black are overused but they look good so that's why they are. Brown looks just as good as either of those, IMO, and is vastly underused. Besides, these could also be throwback/third jerseys if everyone(minus chucky) hates brown THAT much, but I still think you should see them on the ice.

Archived