Kewp's Football(Soccer) Project

kewp80

D.C. United

LA Galaxy

Millwall FC

Coming back to the states I decided to tackle the Kansas City Wizards.

It's pretty hard to think of anything not cliche when it comes to the Wizards, but I think grubstreet did a great job of coming up with something very creative with the whole cauldron thing. I took a little bit of inspiration from his with the lightning bolts, but decided to make them the rainbow colors they had in their old primary. I also love the shape of their current badge, and decided to play off of it by lengthening it.

I decided to stick to the light blue for the primary color, but also added the new navy to push it into the two toned blue fad. The black border was completely on accident, but I liked how it looked so I stuck with it.

For the kits I went with the new Adidas template that their new kits are in. Kept the yellow out, although it could look good with the light blue, I decided to just stick with the navy and white as accents.

KC_Identity.png

Not sure who's coming up next. Any ideas on who you'd like to see?

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

That looks really good, kewp! Keep up the awesome work! Oh and I would LOOOOVVVE to see a Real Salt Lake concept! Possible sponsors are thier current one, XANGO, or Zions Bank, or something like that.

Hmmmm...

Perhaps I could go back and work on this:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...0Lake&st=40

Check out my music!

Definately better than their current crest (but that's not saying much). The uniforms are meh, I love the colors but just not that template. Honestly I just hate the fact that a team in Kansas City is called the Wizards (is there some back story to that?) But overall I'd give your concept a solid B.

RSL would be nice next. If you're sticking with MLS teams for now, I think New England is in definite need of a change in the crest area, and I'd love to see what you could come up with for them.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Definately better than their current crest (but that's not saying much). The uniforms are meh, I love the colors but just not that template. Honestly I just hate the fact that a team in Kansas City is called the Wizards (is there some back story to that?) But overall I'd give your concept a solid B.

RSL would be nice next. If you're sticking with MLS teams for now, I think New England is in definite need of a change in the crest area, and I'd love to see what you could come up with for them.

I think I read somewhere that they named the team after the WIzard of Oz movie. I could be completely mistaken, but I couldve sworn I read that somewhere.

I know I've already posted what I thought about the kit, but I have to say it again - I personally don't see anything wrong with this kit. I love the crest, love the colors, and I even love the template. May I ask what program you use to make these?

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Oh yeah, I remember that mantle.

By the way kewp, your millwalll concept inspired me to rent Green St Hooligans, and I'm watchin it right now.

It's a pretty sweet movie, the fight scenes are phenomenal. Doesn't go into much of the sport, centers more on the hooliganism.

I think I read somewhere that they named the team after the WIzard of Oz movie. I could be completely mistaken, but I couldve sworn I read that somewhere.

I know I've already posted what I thought about the kit, but I have to say it again - I personally don't see anything wrong with this kit. I love the crest, love the colors, and I even love the template. May I ask what program you use to make these?

Yeah the team name is a reference to the Wizard of Oz, since the main character is from Kansas.

I use a mix of Inkscape and Illustrator.

Check out my music!

Archived