Spurs to become "Los Spurs"

eRay

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's Spanish for Spurs? they should have went with that. :)

"I AM EL NINO! YO SOY EL NINO! ALL OTHER STORMS BOW TO THE POWER OF EL NINO! FOR THOSE WHO DON'T HABLA ESPANOL, EL NINO IS SPANISH FOR....THE NINO!" -- Chris Farley

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

And I thought that "Los Rangers" night was stupid. I have no problem with a team having a promotion involving the Hispanic community, but can't they do better than merely adding the word "Los" to the jersey?

Oh god, not the spurs too...

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Indeed, Cerveceros is better than Gigantes. The Nats are doing a Latino Heritage game this year, and I hope to see them sporting jerseys that read "Nacionales."

But seriously, what would be the Spanish for "Spurs"? The noun form, that is -- I'm pretty sure the verb "to spur" would be estimular, but the team is named for the noun, not the verb.

20082614447.png

Indeed, Cerveceros is better than Gigantes. The Nats are doing a Latino Heritage game this year, and I hope to see them sporting jerseys that read "Nacionales."

But seriously, what would be the Spanish for "Spurs"? The noun form, that is -- I'm pretty sure the verb "to spur" would be estimular, but the team is named for the noun, not the verb.

OK, who wants to volunteer to Hispanicize all the professional sports team names?

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

It should be "Las Espuelas".

rocketsCBSig.gif

Los + English Nickname = Reeking of pandering

Seriously, if "reaching out" to the Latino community means so much to the Spurs, why not just bring back the "fiesta" colored logo? That would at least show the Latino influence on their image before it was trendy...

I love the Gigantes jerseys, but, mi favorito es los Cerveceros:

lkOt4aYx.jpg

How cool is that? So, why not Los Espuelas? Los Spurs is not spanish.

I love those jerseys - the wordmark looks so much better than the regular one - the C doesn't have the empty "bullseye" that the B does....

hardy_brewers.jpg

National League, Best I could come up with, please forgive any errors.

MLB - Los Piratas

- Los Ositos (cubs)

- Los Cardinales

- Los Cerveceros

- Los Rojos (Reds)

- Los Astros

- Los Trampistas (Dodgers)

- Los Gigantes

- Los Serpientes (Diamondbacks/Snakes?)

- Los Padres

- Los Rocosos (Rockies)

- Los Metropolitanos

- Los Bravos

- Los Marlines

- Los Nacionales

- Los Phillies (don't know of any Spanish equivalent)

metslogo_215.gif

It should be "Las Espuelas".

geez, so they didn't even get the "gender" of the noun right? yeah, that just reeks of pandering like illwauk said.

Archived