NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

Here's some info and tidbits we have so far...

FEBRUARY 29th

2299653073_80d796bb39_o.jpg

The Bruins were skating around in this prototype, which looks VERY similar to what I've seen.

MARCH 1st

Information based on what I've seen:

Atlanta: will be going back to use a lot more of the red from their original uniforms. (interesting)

Boston: will use the vintage BRUINS with bear logo. (meh, prefer main set)

Buffalo: vintage blue, like 06/07. (beautiful)

Carolina: black, shoulder patch will be main logo. (nice)

Chicago: black, like the previous one. (meh)

Dallas: a white version of the black one they wear now. (awful)

Edmonton: vintage, with laces. (beautiful)

LA: can't recall if it was black or purple, but will use the LA logo. (meh)

Minnesota: as most have said, green with MINNESOTA on it like the old Avs thirds. (nice, but boring)

NY Isles: vintage. (nice)

Ottawa: GOLD, with Sens across the front. (puke)

Philly: orange. looked kind of vintage, couldn't tell if it was the 80s version or the 70s version. (hoping 70s)

Phoenix: black, with a full coyote. (awful choice of colors. I would have gone cream)

Pittsburgh: winter classic jersey. (I guess they got it confirmed, looks good though)

San Jose: black. (meh)

St. Louis: navy (meh)

Tampa: navy with Bolts on the front. (ew, why a script)

Toronto: the vintage white third from the past (classy)

Vancouver: vintage. (classy)

MARCH 19th

Edmonton: exact same as last year's vintage alt and the version they used from 1979-1996 (aside from the various striping sizes used in that time period, it will be the latest version). There will be no laces as originally thought, although I hoped they would.

MARCH 21st

Small, grainy pictures of the potential Flyers thirds, from a season ticket holders get together:

IMAGE_036.jpgIMAGE_035.jpg

I'll update this post when we get more realistic information.

Lets discuss jerseys this time.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As long as this thing is never seen from or heard from again:

BluesNeverWorn.gif

Yes, it's so loud, you can hear it.

IDK...depending on how they execute the new logo, I might put that ahead of the new thirds.

Unfortunately Mike Keenan isn't around to say "no".

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I wonder what that epic fail blues 3rd would look like in action...

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Those Bruins uniforms look great except for the lack of horizontal striping at the bottom of the jersey. I know it's just a prototype but Why wouldn't they just match the pattern that are on the socks and arms?

I don't understand the NHL's rececnt abandonment of such an important element of a great looking hockey jersey. I'd say the only successful RBK design with minimal/no striping at the bottom of the jerseys is Washington's.

307381509.jpg

I wonder what that epic fail blues 3rd would look like in action...

My vote goes to disturbing:

Blues3rd.jpg

I can only assume there was an appropriately insane number font to complete the look.

Anyway... I'm happy the Oilers are going vintage for their third - the blue and brown, half-stripe nonsense needs to go away, quickly, forever. It's interesting that they're adding the lace-up collar as, according to comments by Mark Messier at the end of the 1987 documentary 'The Boys on the Bus', this change was supposed to have been made to their jerseys for the upcoming '87-'88 season.

Over at nhllogos there is a letter from someone who's brother plays AAAA hockey and use a jersey similar to the rumoured Senators jersey, and there is a pic of said jersey.

possiblesensuni2sk2.png

Not as horrible as I had first imagined but if they put some nice arm stripes, and maybe a better shoulder yolk. Could look fine at best.

Hi, how are you?

Over at nhllogos there is a letter from someone who's brother plays AAAA hockey and use a jersey similar to the rumoured Senators jersey, and there is a pic of said jersey.

possiblesensuni2sk2.png

Not as horrible as I had first imagined but if they put some nice arm stripes, and maybe a better shoulder yolk. Could look fine at best.

That's actually not that bad. I still would prefer it if they went black or barberpole though.

I will repeat what I said in the other thread while it was being dragged down into oblivion by a leaf sens war:

There is nothing wrong with the pens wearing their powder blues as a third - in fact there are reasons why they should (which I listed in the other thread).

oBIgzrL.png

possiblesensuni2sk2.png

Awww drat, I thought they were going to be using the shiny fabric the Washington Wizards use!! :P

But really... that isn't all that bad. Not as Nashville-ish as I imagined. If that ends up being close to what they wear, it won't be the eye sore I have in my mind.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Those Bruins uniforms look great except for the lack of horizontal striping at the bottom of the jersey. I know it's just a prototype but Why wouldn't they just match the pattern that are on the socks and arms?

I don't understand the NHL's rececnt abandonment of such an important element of a great looking hockey jersey. I'd say the only successful RBK design with minimal/no striping at the bottom of the jerseys is Washington's.

Washington has a substantial stripe at the bottom of their sweater. However it curves with the bottom of the jersey so it doesn't have the incomplete look on the side. Same thing with Minnesota's white uniform.

Archived