Arkansas State Red Wolves

meetthemets

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this scream Patsox to anyone but me? What a joke. It's sloppy and unthought through.

D-. At least it's red.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

"I saw a red wolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's / His hair was perfect."

Sorry -- first thing that came to mind when seeing this logo.

Honestly, it's not bad. Not much good, but compared to the overdesigned messes that pass for "average" these days, this is OK for the level of program it represents. C-minus work. Plus, anything that makes me think of a Zevon song just can't be all bad.

20082614447.png

They had been common, garden-variety, overly-detailed New England Sea Wolves.

NESeaWolves4.GIF

Until NCAA sanctions threatened to render a Jonesboro-based university's athletic teams nameless. Then, touched by the artistic techniques at the disposal of a modern graphic design and branding firm, they were transformed into stylized, minimalist symbols of lupine, lazer-eyed fury. They became...

asu_mascot.jpg

So, I'm assuming that Arkansas State ran out of money before a single, half-way decent font could be properly integrated into the overall logo design in an artistically pleasing way?

Archived