George Washington Football

sc49erfan15

Started piddlin' around starting with this again, and found this George Washington Colonials football concept that, for some reason, I never posted...figured I'd post it. Keep your eyes open, some more football-less schools just might pop up in the near future...

GeorgeWashingtonFootball.png

-Was a toss-up between the "monument" and "diagonal GW" logos for the helmet...I went with the "monument" just because I like it more.

-Uniforms aren't anything super-cutting edge, I forget what font I used but I modified it a little. And no alternate because...yellow, feh. I really couldn't find much on any historical GW uniforms either, so I didn't go that route.

Not exactly coming back in with huge bang, but it's coming back in nonetheless...C&C appreciated, thanks!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I feel like the home needs more white or somehing, and I'm not too big on the helmet logo, but there really isn't anything else good to put on there. I am interested in seeing the old president jumping logo on the helmet.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

GW's actual colors are buff and blue. The logo trends more to a yellow gold color, but all uniforms use the buff color.

You're right - but some GW sports teams (mainly baseball) do use the yellow. I tried using the "buff" color, but when used with the logos (that have the yellow) it looked like a train wreck. That explains the yellow.

GW has a ton of logos, and even though I only used three of them (helmet G|W, wordmark, and diagonal GW on the pants) I went ahead and included all of them - they're not hurting anything.

I didn't think the president looked good on the helmet - but I'll make one and compare them side-by-side a little later when I have some time.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I am going to have to go with the third one, the patriot one has too much going on and as well as the other one works, i just can't see the washington memorial in a logo for the name colonials.

just personal prefrence

nick Wall

"Find the flame, light the fire"

BEAT ASHEVILLE SCHOOL

I think for the helmet a cool logo, ala the Buccaneers, would be to put the GW flag on the helmet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived