something different

Bayne

Hey guys.

I decided to make this about 5 or 6 weeks ago. It was a long process, but still a lot of fun along the way. My aim was to have an interactive standings board that you can swap and change as the standings update in the league. It works.

Its mainly all made out of wood, and I made everything from scatch. Except for the little chrome letters on the team plaques, but even those I had to spraypaint gold. The numbers down the sides are engraved and the NHL logo I handpainted on.

NHLstandings2.jpg

NHLstandings4.jpg

NHLstandings5.jpg

NHLstandings10.jpg

NHLstandings11.jpg

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Hey guys.

I decided to make this about 5 or 6 weeks ago. It was a long process, but still a lot of fun along the way. My aim was to have an interactive standings board that you can swap and change as the standings update in the league. It works.

Its mainly all made out of wood, and I made everything from scatch. Except for the little chrome letters on the team plaques, but even those I had to spraypaint gold. The numbers down the sides are engraved and the NHL logo I handpainted on.

NHLstandings2.jpg

NHLstandings4.jpg

NHLstandings5.jpg

NHLstandings10.jpg

NHLstandings11.jpg

Can you make one for NBA, I will buy it from you.

That's some great work, one question though. WHat are the colors on the side of some of the teams? I know blue is West and red for East, but what does it mean?

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

That's some great work, one question though. WHat are the colors on the side of some of the teams? I know blue is West and red for East, but what does it mean?

Looks to be the divisions-3 shades for each conference

And yeah man, that is fantastic work. Looks gorgeous.

Can you make one for NBA, I will buy it from you.

You should wait until the beginning of next season though. With what the fleur-du-bee becoming the primary in NO, and with what OKC getting a team.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Looks to be the divisions-3 shades for each conference

Yeah you got it.

It would look great in a sports bar, and I'm sure there are bars that would pay you for something like this.

I know, I would love to be able to supply a sportsbar with one of these. I do however, live in Australia and sportsbars arent really into ice hockey over here, lol. And not to mention how long it took me to put this together...but I guess I'd be quicker at it if I did it the next time.

Nice work, but now you're going to have to make a playoff tree for the post-season. :D

I did the same thing with a magnetic dry erase board. Glued the NHL team logos on magnetic circles and added columns for writing in wins, loses, etc. Mine looks incredibly ghetto in comparison though.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

This is SO official! THis should be hanging in a hockey bar somewhere. Great work and execution!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I loathe and detest the NHL, but that is a beauty. Handmade to pain-staking detail. Outstanding!

Exactly how long did it take you to make that thing? I know you've said (twice) that it took you a long time, but can you estimate/guess how many hours it took?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Thanks for the high opinions everyone!

I loathe and detest the NHL, but that is a beauty. Handmade to pain-staking detail. Outstanding!

Exactly how long did it take you to make that thing? I know you've said (twice) that it took you a long time, but can you estimate/guess how many hours it took?

Well lets see...

I can safely say that I started it 6 weeks ago, and spent most of my time on it during weekends. Not to mention the countless hours I spent in preparation (searching for the letters, trying to find the right sealant for the logos) and the times I had to go out and buy things like varnish, paint, nails and wood etc. Add all that up and you would easily have a day or 2 right there. I would probably dedicate a fairly decent days work on it (if you add up the hours) on each weekend, and throw in the few hours during the week for those 6 weeks...its hard to figure out, but I'd probably go with about 8-10 solid days of work to construct it.

To answer your question specifically...each 'day' would consist of, lets say, 5 hours work...so thats about 45 hours work.

Archived