Toronto Blue Jays

Braden

I think we all agree that this seasons Jays look pretty bad with all those different designs.

I know of a few of you who have been asking for a home script based on the new away script. Well here is what I got so far.

*** UPDATED - June 17, 2008 ***

bluejaysscriptlogo.gif

Home:

bluejaysscriptconcept_home.gif

Away:

bluejaysscriptconcept_road.gif

Sunday Home Alternate:

bluejaysscriptconcept_homealt.gif

Flashback Friday Home Alternate:

4587.gif

Away Alternate:

bluejaysscriptconcept_roadalt.gif

That's it... a personal portrayal of a realistic Blue Jays concept.

Hope you like it!

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I think we all agree that this seasons Jays look pretty bad with all those different designs.

I know of a few of you who have been asking for a home script based on the new away script. Well here is what I got so far.

bluejaysscriptlogo.gif

bluejaysscriptconcept.gif

I'm not 100% set on this uni working... I based the sleeve and pant striping based on the now old Devil Rays striping.

Well... what do you think?

I don't see how people don't like the Blue Jays uniforms, I think they are great. But this concept is too basic, it needs for flare.

I don't see how people don't like the Blue Jays uniforms, I think they are great.

You might be the first person to ever say that on these boards. Most people hate the Blue Jays uniforms because they are a complete mess of mismatching fonts, way too much black and nowhere near enough blue.

Braden, this would be a step in the right direction for sure. I'd prefer to see blue socks and an all-blue hat. I'm also not sure I like the way the new number font meshes with the nameplate font. It looks okay on paper, but really weird on the field.

Why can't the name font be the same font as the "Blue Jays" on the front of the jersey? If one would be worried about simplicity, just make the names have a "regular" or "matte" appearance instead of a 3D effect like the numbers or "Blue Jays." By keeping that same font, things would stay streamlined.

I don't know about an all blue hat. I would certainly prefer it to an all black one or a black one with a blue bill. Instead, how about a blue hat with a black bill?

And definitely yes on the blue socks.

(As a side note, do any baseball teams besides the cardinals put stripes on their socks? I realize that wearing pants to the ground is far more "fashionable" in today's MLB, but for those few that still wear their pants up with socks out, I wouldn't mind seeing stripes ^_^ )

Give me blue hat, blue belt, blue socks and I like it a lot. The whole thing I've disliked about this logo and its various uses is the lack of blue. They're getting there, but this concept could take them all the way. I like the piping, too.

Here is some pointers based on my opinions:

- Get rid of the black accents

- Replace the black on logo/font outlines with a dark blue

- Replace the black on the jerseys with a light blue

- Make the white jersey look more like what they won two straight world series in

- Add a Road jersey and make it dark blue

- Add a Retro jersey to replace their current black alternate jersey

Try some stuff and maybe come up with some of your own ideas. I think this has alot of potential to make a good design though. Great job thus far!

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Nice! My only suggestion is that you change the name font. Way to bold.

(Maybe to Agency? TO match the front lettering/numbers)

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I praise the direction you are taking here. I love what you're trying to do! It's what they should have done when they came up with thier road unis in the first place! I think a few tweaks (like changing the name plate font once and for all to match the other font) is all this needs to become a stellar concept, even though this is already superb. Great job man!

EDIT: I wholeheartedly agree that blue socks, hats, and belts are the way to go here. Do that and you are the greatest man in the world haha!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Double outline around the wordmark and numbers is too much. Maybe a simple silver drop-shadow would be OK, but the black outline just doesn't look good.

The name font should really be changed. I'd go with basic block, which would add more emphasis to the number font. You have two non-basic fonts competing for attention on the back - that's not good.

The Blue and Jays is spaced a little far apart. I know there's not much that can be done about the jersey, but as for the logo, perhaps a gray / silver maple-leaf in between the two words would look good? At least I think so.

I really like the blue-white-black striping on the pants and sleeves. I don't like the black belt / socks, but as long as the cap is black, that's probably the right decision.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Jays new road unis are by far my favourite road uniform in baseball. I love the font choice and I hope they bring out a home jersey with the same script for next season. They can then keep the black jersey with the Jays script as the alternate uniform. I also think they need to ditch the stupid hat with the T on it, it looks really bad in my opinion.

Right now I don't mind there current set, but the white home jersey is too plain.

UPDATED!!! (Edited the original post)

Changed the sleve striping, nameplate, hat colour, hat logo (added black outline to match). Tweaked the outline of the script and number font, the white is now silver twill.

So... how about now???

Looking at the wordmark itself, is there any way to shrink the space between "BLUE" and "JAYS"? As is, it looks too disconnected. Also, perhaps try to horizontally stretch all the letters a tad, because as is, it looks disproportionately thin compared to the road wordmark.

VmWIn6B.png

I like the update, not a much as the orig though.

I like the fact that you switched the player name font, good job with that.

I don't, however, like that you.

-added silver to the double-ouline, it's really cluttered looking

-used the '97-'99 striping style, I never liked the bulkiness of it, and I still don't

I think it'd definitely be an improvement if you,

-made the wordmark outline just silver, no double outline.

-Blue names on back, black outline.

-tone down the striping thickness a little bit, maybe the original striping

I'd actually go with the original, just keep the caps, sock color, and player names from this version.

Overall, it still flows much better than what they have no. Great job.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I love the update!!! Just that little bit of grey where the white was and the updated player names and hats makes such a big difference! When I look at their main logo now it looks so blah compared to yours!

The only thing I suggest now is the striping be changed to the striping used when they won the world series.

Also add a road and alternate jersey.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

• 1 month later...

UPDATED!!!!

Changes made:

Blue Jays script modified... the gap between the E and J reduced.

New T hat with White panel... meant to be a modern interpretation of their old hats. Can be worn with either the Home or Home alts.

New Home alternate meant to compliment T hat logo.

New Away alternate meant to honour the best jersey they never played in. :P

Sleeve patch put on Home Away & Away Alt... I found it was too plain without it.

New sleeve striping meant to compliment wordmarks & number outlines.

New Flashback Friday jersey... 1992 Home Uniforms

With the Home jerseys highlighting the Blue and the Road jerseys highlighting the Black, I tried to create an effect similar to the Cardinals and Nationals.

Archived