Miami Marlins UPDATE

JayJaxon

I tried different script and colors. I have not come up with a logo yet. That is a work in progress. But I feel that if I can get the colors and the script to where I am satisfied with it, everything else will fall into place. Thanks for the comments so far. I hope I can improve on what I have done.

The first concept:

MM.jpg

Road

Road Alt

Home

Home Vest

Home Dark

BP

Second Concept:

Miami.jpg

The uniform styles are pretty predictable. Additionally, the font is terrible. Very generic, and the back number is borderline unreadable. Also, the player name font doesn't match at all with anything else. It's way too in your face compared to the lighter, stylized script font.

VmWIn6B.png

The uniform styles are pretty predictable. Additionally, the font is terrible. Very generic, and the back number is borderline unreadable. Also, the player name font doesn't match at all with anything else. It's way too in your face compared to the lighter, stylized script font.

I wasn't going for anything different in the way of a color scheme, so I understand completely where you are coming from there. The new font is what I was really excited about, so it is a bit of a disappointment to find that the very first person that sees it hates it. Lol. Do you have anything in mind that would be better suited? If so, I would love to hear your recommendations. I agree that I made a mistake in my choice of font for the numbers, but I was going for something that nobody else has. Thank you for looking and I would love to get a recommendation on that font if you have one.

seems to me that the numbers on the back are kinda falling off the jersey. maybe a font that would make them seem more stable. I do love the Logo though and I actually like the front wordmark font. You're gonna have a difference of opinions on this too.

I don't think the typeface is that bad.

I'm not sure about all the black, but then again, I kept trying to do some sort of Art Deco theme for a Marlins overhaul, and I never went anywhere with it. Wasn't meant to be.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The font is bad for a sports team, maybe a restaurant, but I doubt it with that "M" which is horrible. The number font is too italic. Most team fonts are custom made and have uniqueness to them, not some standard font that you can find for free. If you're going to use some standard font, then take it into Illustrator, take it apart and improve on it. That font in no way says sports. And the logo/hat logo... stick with one. Consistency is what looks good, not 100 different versions.

Sorry, but I'm not digging that script font either, it's too generic, and too fancy, for a sports team. I like that you brought back the sleeveless vest style jerseys, lost the pinstripes, and put some teal back in the Marlins, but the script, and the logo, aren't very good. Whenever I see the current Marlin next to anything other than a 'F' it looks plain wrong. That being said I think the black 'M' with the silver outline looks best. Try a different font or even better try to come up with at least an original 'M' to go with the Marlin(I've tried myself, haven't come up with anything that looks right to me, but good luck lol)

I've said this before, but this is why I'm glad they are doing a total re-brand when they make the name change. I love what they have now, but to mangle it up by switching everything to the 'M' and Miami just doesn't work for me. They need to change everything but the colors. I love the colors, but I'm praying they lose the love affair with orange they've had since '03, putting it on all the giveaways and promotional stuff, everything short of the actual team's uniforms, I hate it. I'm always glad to see concepts of my hometown teams, but this one is a miss I'm afraid.

Good try. I'm all in favor of the Marlins using a script logo. But that particular script looks too ... well ... too unbaseballish. Try another script and you may have something.

And by the way, the numbers don't have to match the script. Please make the numbers more standard looking.

oh this i like.

my only regret is that you didn't do this to the yanks or sox(both colors). I absolutely love that script.

Sure it may not scream baseball, then again 27 of 30 uniforms that the NHL currently has doesn't exactly scream hockey either. So for a team with no tradition, a history of 2 playoff appearances and 2 world series titles. This is perfectly acceptable. Only thing is i'd probably incorporate a bit more silver and tone down the black. Black seems a bit overbearing. But i love that font and numbers.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

As others have said, ditch the font. It's just plain bad.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm gonna go back to the drawing board on this one and see what else I can work with. Perhaps it was a mistake to use the same marlin from the previous logo, so I will try to create a different one. Almost everyone hates the script so I will try to use a few different ones. I plan to experiment with different colors too. But what colors could I use to show people that this team is from south Florida? I would love more advice on how to improve the look.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm gonna go back to the drawing board on this one and see what else I can work with. Perhaps it was a mistake to use the same marlin from the previous logo, so I will try to create a different one. Almost everyone hates the script so I will try to use a few different ones. I plan to experiment with different colors too. But what colors could I use to show people that this team is from south Florida? I would love more advice on how to improve the look.

As for colors, I wonder what if you were to darken the teal a bit closer to a green-ish hue and make a bright accent hue like orange or even a light blue.

Well, try thinking of the area and its features. I think of ocean/beaches and heat/summer weather. That gives blues/greens and yellow/red/oranges. You could go with that if you'd like, but you also have to keep the mascot in mind.

Their color scheme right now is perfect. Maybe add orange as a color scheme, bu that's it. Try avoiding blue or red since there's already so many teams in the MLB using those colors.

As for the script: not liking it. The font you chose just doesn't say Marlins to me at all.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Their color scheme right now is perfect. Maybe add orange as a color scheme, bu that's it. Try avoiding blue or red since there's already so many teams in the MLB using those colors.

As for the script: not liking it. The font you chose just doesn't say Marlins to me at all.

Any suggestions on a font I could experiment with? That seems to be the thing people are having the most issues with, and rightfully so. The script is really the identity of the team. What would pop on a Marlins jersey?

Archived