Lipscomb Football

sc49erfan15

Returning to the Atlantic Sun Conference, as well as the city of Nashville, I present the Bisons of Lipscomb University:

LipscombFootball.png

To be quite honest - I don't like this one that much. Lipscomb's colors are purple and gold, yet their home uniforms tend to be dominated by black and purple, with white and very little or no gold. However, the away uniforms are usually white with purple lettering, gold trim, and very little or no black.

This is one of those instances where I don't like what the real university is doing with their uniforms, but I went along with it for realism's sake.

Nothing too outlandish with the uniforms, went with a black home over purple because of reasons mentioned above. I did include all colors as trim though, as well as a purple home alternate.

Really, I don't have much to say about it, other than I personally don't favor it too much, but it has more to do with what the university is doing...I think purple and gold can make a great identity (despite my rival high school's colors being just that - they ruined their basketball uniforms with black as well) but the overuse of black just royally messes things up.

Other than that...C&C is appreciated.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

When I first saw these, I thought of a cross between the Baltimore Ravens and the previous Minnesota Vikings uniforms...I'm not sure about this....It just screams Ravens to me....I'm not sold on the helmet either....I'd go with either the "L" or bisonslug, but not both...I agree that they should use more gold and MUCH less black...

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

yeah, i think ravens as well, i think its because of the number font. looks good though, i know the black does kind of ruin it, but if your going for realism, then thats all you could do is present a home alt, which i do like.

Picture21.png

I agree that it looks very Ravens-esque, seeing as how they have the same colors and I used the Diamondbacks' font (almost the same thing as the Ravens') because it's close to the font Lipscomb uses in their wordmark.

Apart from that, I tried to go in different directions with the jersey style.

Anybody else got anything?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I agree that it looks very Ravens-esque, seeing as how they have the same colors and I used the Diamondbacks' font (almost the same thing as the Ravens') because it's close to the font Lipscomb uses in their wordmark.

Apart from that, I tried to go in different directions with the jersey style.

Anybody else got anything?

Nope it's all been said. You did good with what you had to work with but in the end Lipscomb doesn't leave a whole lot of options.

Archived