Seattle Mariners Rebrand

elliott

Okay, I was in Seattle a couple times this month because I had a cruise that started/ended in Seattle. I toured the city, and really enjoyed it. But, I saw a bunch of Mariners stuff, and I decided I wanted to give them a revamped look. After seeing the Space Needle for a few days, I wanted to incorporate it into the package. I pretty much combined the needle with the old trident M logo. I thought the middle prong and the Space Needle combined well together. The two "slashes" across the tower deck are supposed to represent the levels seen on the tower. The secondary is a bigger view of the needle, except in blue. The "S" I used is in a similar style to the current one, but still fairly different. I further incorporated the trident into the wordmarks. The main logo on blue and the wordmark on blue use the same pattern of outlines they use currently.

So, I have an idea for the jerseys if you like this. But please, all C+C is needed, because I don't do original logos much and I want all comments y'all have!!

SeattleMarinersRebrand.gif

The 'Seattle' script looks like the compass graphic should still be there. But I may change my mind when I see the jerseys. I think the logos are great. The only problem with that font is that you are running a bit of a risk of making it look too plain. But I am still excited to see what you come up with.

looks like the trident is attempting to swallow the kingdome. :blink:

space and marine would make sense if you are sending a mission to Europa or titan and studying oceanic microbacterial life on those moons. In the case of Europa, having a robotic mission to drill on a frozen ocean and study the oceanic life underneath the frozen surface. In the case of Titan studying the oceans of ethane gas.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Sorry, but that just doesn't look like a baseball logo at all. If you look at other logos from around the league, you'll notice that pretty much every one has the team name in it.

Ditch the space needle, and focus on the trident M, or something else.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

SeattleMarinersRebrand.gif

I thought the mushroom cloud over the trident was appropriate for the Mariners on so many levels for this season but then I realized it was the top of the space needle :P .

I also think that using the old trident logo with block capital letters in the word mark is odd. It almost makes it look like you had caps lock on mARINERS, see what I mean?

Well, about the conflicting interest thing, I never was really thinking that, I guess. I never thought of the Space Needle as space, which seems stupid, but I was thinking more of a icon of Seattle, and not a symbol of space.

Here is the uniforms I came up with. They are relatively simple.

Caps first. The blue would be worn with home/away, and teal with alternate.

MarinersHats.gif

Now the jerseys.

SeattleMarinersJerseys.gif

C+C, as usual.

The uniforms aren't half bad. The Mariners script looks surprisingly better than I thought it would. The only weakness in this is the primary/cap logo, but that's a pretty big weakness. If you keep working on this you should rehash some ideas for the main logo to make it seem more... baseball-ish, if you know what I mean.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I personally think the logo is great it captures Seattle as a whole just because when you think space needle you think seattle and the Mariners all in the same logo

Huge improvement

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

i am in love with the green. make the green hat the home/away. then make a green alternate with a blue cap.

thats just waht i would like to see.

with the exeption of not enough green, i love them, great logo, great simple uniforms.

but maby try something sleeveless? I think it would go well with the logo

I do like the fact that you tried to do something different but I just like their current set to much to invision a new set like this. I do really like the green alt hat. That would be a good addition to thier current set. I would just use the space needle/trident as an alt logo and not a primary. Overall thought I do like your concept. Nice work!

Archived