US Mens National Team Concept

speedy

Been quite sometime since I've done any sort of concept and posted it on here, but while watching the Euro's i noticed how every team has a striking identity that is unmistakable. And then, there's the United States. Always mixing and matching, changing styles, never keeping to one true identity. Not to mention the US Shield thats stuck in 1997. So without further ado, here it is.

First off, the crest.. I went with something more traditional, and more European I feel (since that's the direction professional soccer in the US is taking). I kept some elements from USA's original shield with the three stars, the 6 stripes, and the soccer ball. I hesitated to use stars since the US has never won a World Cup, but Stars are synonymous with the United States, so I kept them.

USACrest.png

Secondly, the primary kit.. I went with red over blue with this one, for really no particular reason other than personal preference.

USAHomeKit.png

Secondly, the clash kit.. stayed with the custom White/Blue/White USA kit but relegated to secondary use only.

USAClashKit.png

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda agree. I like gold as a trim color, but I'd like to see more blue than gold on the primary kit. And more red than gold on the clash kit.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The crest is incredibly well-drawn in my mind. And I love the away kit. However, the gold accent with the red home is kind of blech to me, and they don't go well. Especially since you use blue for the socks when it is nothing more than a minor accent in the rest of the kit. I say make the gold underarms blue and essentially remove the gold from that kit. Also, why do you use gold in the jerseys when there is none in the crest? I think some gold in there, especially somewhere in the eagle, would make a huge upgrade. In addition, I think there should be a bit more color in the primary shorts, but that's not really a big issue at all. Finally, is that Trebuchet MS? I don't like the name font. You know what might work? Using the "UNITED STATES" crest font for names... even if it were less bold, but either way I think that should be changed somehow.

Nice work.

Actually the US has won 2 World Cups and a couple other tourneys which is why they have the stars. But yeah the jerseys aren't doing it for me. The new logo is a good step forward though. And no lower case names. They look horrible.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

ooooh mercy, love the crest, its beautiful

the kits are ok, repeat what everyone said about the gold, let's get the cup first

and lack of blue....i feel that the us focuses more on blue than red, we'll leave red and white to canuckada

maybe make the primary kit blue with the gold being red, white shorts, and red socks with a white stripe on top, and on the secondary keep it white, throw red in as the gold, and keep the shorts and socks, replacing gold with red

then, voila, all we need is a 2010 miracle

spacer.png

Crest...beautiful, no other words.

Kits...not so much. At first glance they look extremely similar to England, which I'm sure the US wouldn't want. Don't like that shade of red, and blah blah, repeat what everyone has said. Go back to the drawing boards on the kits

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Well everyone, just a quick follow up before I get to work on the new kits, the gold actually comes from the outline of the crest when placed on a dark backround, thought it looked sorta sharp.

USCrestBlue.png

I tried to go in a different direction using Red as the primary after the praise the "Don't Tread On Me" kit got. I'll be going in a different direction for 2.0.

And as for the World Cup comment, the United States have never won the World Cup, their best finish was 3rd in 1934.

Thanks for the comments guys, keep them coming.

What kind of cruel, horrible, disgusting world has the US winning a football world cup? This has never happened and never will happen.

One day...One day.... :D

As for the concept, I really like the crest but I think the unis are lacking. Way too much gold. Try to add more navy in there. I also think you should try a red more like the one from the "Don't Tread On Me" jerseys.

God, those were great jerseys...

This is an excellent crest and kit combo...I agree with others that the gold should be left out until they win the whole thing. I really like how the lowercase names on the back turned out. Love the crest too...top notch.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

What kind of cruel, horrible, disgusting world has the US winning a football world cup? This has never happened and never will happen.

One day...One day.... :D

The Socceroos will win one before the US.

I like the logo, but the uniforms, swap the gold for navy i think. Otherwise, design wise its nice.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

That's a fine concept for a crest. But, the kits... not so much. Not a fan of the gold trim, as others have said, and I'm pretty married to the idea of white shirt/navy shorts/white socks for the primary kit.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived