Bring out your favorite concept

elliott

Hey guys, I have been on the boards for about a year + 1/2 and I haven't seen a thread like this, so I apologize if something like this has been done before, but I thought it was a good idea.

I just wanted to make a place where people could bring out old concepts, like their personal favorites or the ones that got really positive comments from everyone else. I just know that there are some concepts that I personally have done that didn't get much C+C, but I really liked myself. So, brag, boast, whatever - cause this would be the place to do it! Also, I thought it would be a cool thread to go to if you just wanted to see some really nicely done stuff.

So, I'll start. I really like this Senators concept I did a while back:

OttawaSenatorsCocnept.gif

This is probably my favorite football concept I have ever done:

CincyBengalsConcept.gif

And finally, I have always loved this Thrashers concept:

YetAnotherThrashersConcept2-1.gif

Well, I hope this gets some posts, or else I'm just gonna look silly!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This by theRocheapproach was brought to my attention a while back and I still haven't forgotten about its utter beauty.

TBLogos.jpg

TBMainJerseys.jpg

And also about 75% of GFB's Rebranding the NHL series. :P

(If I find one of my own that I like I'll be sure to post it... but there have been some complete, pure, utter beauties here, even in the short time I've been here.)

btw, speedy and gingerbreadman... both of those mlb concepts are amazing. i don't think i'd seen them before... and they're both just flat out better than what most MLB teams are wearing.

I don't do many concepts. I tend to stay in the background when it comes to the concepts section (unless it's a sig, then I hopelessly latch onto the next fad. :P), but I'm really a fan of the guys that still crank out concepts on a regular basis. I guess I'll have to start coming out and giving more C&C and hopefully even making more concepts if I can get my creative juices flowing.

But yeah, here's a couple of mine:

OttawaSenatorsConcept2.png

I like this one because it ended up on someone else's website...so it had to have been good. :P

AtlantaNighthawksUniforms.png

I did not do the work on this in illustrator (credit goes to robbman21), but the design idea was basically mine. I was inspired by a Japanese baseball team that had this sort of futuristic design. I figured that I wanted my fantasy team to look like that, so I went into paint and did this and this.

WWUniforms.png

I know it's politically incorrect, but I really liked this one. It was for a shortlived fantasy team, but it still lives on as one of my favorite concepts. :P

There have been few concepts that I have actually dedicated myself towards and taken time making so it wasn't very hard for me to choose.

My by-far favorite is the design i made for my high school, it's nothing special but i made it in paint from nearly scratch and I'm very proud of it.

avonlakehome.jpg

avonlakeaway.jpg

This is another creation I made out of pure anger and frustration after the pistons lost to the cavs in the ECF.

cursedshirt.jpg

I made the logo myself and threw together this lovely teeshirt which i someday hope to get made.

I dont know if i ever showed these on this board but I am very proud of all 3.

newsig.jpg

-The Few, The Proud, The Paint Users.-

Onyx ice hockey. One of my favorites mainly because of its uniqueness, the concept series' uniqueness, and my interest in drawing and coming up with new ideas.

12djhjrf7777777.png

"Bring out yer dead!"

As far as unis, here are my best:

MoscowRedsagain.png

I just noticed after all this time I forgot the stripes on the right arm of the back.

Ive made alotta concepts, but this has to be my best ever. Along with one I made not too long ago that Im not releasing for a little while longer.....

Also, heres a concept I made that got turned into an awesome set. Those that belong to my Pittsburgh Natives.

My original:

PittsburghNativesOriginalz.png

current (courtesy of Miltonandlumberg):

pittnatives08set.png

(The hatchet idea was mine also, but not the diamonds. I forget who suggested that.)

And, logowise:

MoscowReds0809logos.png

09UBAASG1.png

oBIgzrL.png

i put this up in may after i first joined and it got maby 4 comments. (i failed to mention that i emailed this to the coach of the colorado 14ers (d league) and he really liked it and gave me the email address of some guy at adidas/nba)

14ers.png

people told me that the mountain would get tucked in, and i was just using pacers numbers and alot of stuff wasn't original.

so i made this,

14ers2.png

didnt get alot of feedback on what i concider one of my best concepts, so.....

This one was done way back in 2002, as soon as it was announced on the old version of these boards that the Houston Rockets would be getting new uniforms. Everyone here wanted them to go back to the classic red and gold, and so I incorporated that with elements of the "pajamas", and I got this. The "ROCKETS" and "HOUSTON" jersey scripts are basically just the pajama font, but evened-out and slanted to match the style of the championship teams. I then made my own number font to go with this, and the rest is history. I really don't know if it's my best, but it certainly got the best response here on the boards, along with my Texas Rangers concept and a Dallas Stars concept I did in MS Paint based on the Cowboys double-star jerseys.

HOUSTON ROCKETS

RocketsunisGIF.gif

98Falcons.png

Archived