Logos of Olympic Broadcasters

Tannerman

I wonder if anyone has ever assembled an archive of the official logos used by broadcasters during their coverage of Olympic Games. I think back to the days when ABC covered the Olympics and they created some logos integrating the Olympic Rings with "ABC". Ah, those were the days.

A quick search via Google brings up some of the more modern logos used by NBC in recent broadcasts, albeit lower-quality versions. I think it's interesting to note how NBC has done with their own take on an official logo vs. what ABC did in the 70s/80s, which was adapt the official Games logo and symbol:

image_temptvlogo_saltlake1.jpg

image_temptvlogo_athens1.jpg

image_temptvlogo_torino1.jpg

image_temptvlogo_beijing1.jpg

Anyone care to add? Or have sources for better quality versions? Logos from countries other than the U.S.?

At the very end of the Closing Ceremonies, NBC unveiled their Vancouver 2010 logo. There was a montage of Beijing Games moments on the left half of the screen, with the credits on the right half. The last shot was Michael Phelps on the podium to the left, and the message "SEE YOU IN 18 MONTHS" with the Vancouver logo on the right.

At the very end of the Closing Ceremonies, NBC unveiled their Vancouver 2010 logo. There was a montage of Beijing Games moments on the left half of the screen, with the credits on the right half. The last shot was Michael Phelps on the podium to the left, and the message "SEE YOU IN 18 MONTHS" with the Vancouver logo on the right.

Does anyone have a picture?

Also, I had tried to find NBC's Salt Lake logo for a while but to no avail. And I know Troika designed the Beijing NBC logo.

I'll try to find NBC's Sydney logo.

ffsfasfd.gifsigyj5.png

Does anyone have a picture?

Also, I had tried to find NBC's Salt Lake logo for a while but to no avail. And I know Troika designed the Beijing NBC logo.

I'll try to find NBC's Sydney logo.

NBC's Salt Lake logo is the very first picture in this thread?

zzPEfBm.png

Archived