Carolina Hurricanes Concept

Eye

Completed teams:

Anaheim Ducks

Atlanta Thrashers

St. Louis Blues

Florida Panthers

Ottawa Senators

First and foremost I eliminated the Hurricanes' alternate logo. The team is named the Hurricanes, not the Tropical Storms so I scrapped the alternate. The hurricane flag striping on the hem and sleeves now represents a hurricane with the two flags on top of each other. The home crest has a thicker silver outline than the current uniforms and the shoulder patch is a hurricane flag. The shoulders looked empty without some type of patch there so I had to create one.

Home uniform:

CARHurricanesHomea.png

Away uniform:

CARHurricanesAway.png

Home alternate uniform:

CARHurricanesHomeAlta.png

one flag is fine...

A hurricane watch (HWA) is issued for a specified area for which a hurricane or a hurricane-related hazard is a possible threat within 36 hours. Maritime flags indicate this with a single square red flag with a black square in the middle

one flag is fine...

A hurricane watch (HWA) is issued for a specified area for which a hurricane or a hurricane-related hazard is a possible threat within 36 hours. Maritime flags indicate this with a single square red flag with a black square in the middle

Well then I have egg on my face, don't I? B) Thanks for the info; I'll modify these uniforms when I go back, but I don't know when I will..

I agree that the two rows of flags just doesn't work. It looks really bunched. Also, really not feeling them as a shoulder logo. The two flags themselves aren't strong enough to warrant being placed on the shoulder or labeled as a secondary logo. Perhaps incorporate other elements and create your own logo with the two flags as your base? I'd be interested in seeing what you can do!!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I agree that the two rows of flags just doesn't work. It looks really bunched. Also, really not feeling them as a shoulder logo. The two flags themselves aren't strong enough to warrant being placed on the shoulder or labeled as a secondary logo. Perhaps incorporate other elements and create your own logo with the two flags as your base? I'd be interested in seeing what you can do!!

Some time, perhaps; I mean, I have drawn my own logos (for my friend's hockey team, the contest of yours a while back, etc.) so some time I will go back and draw a Hurricanes alternate logo. I just don't know when.

Archived