Wafflebowl I

Waffles

Presenting...

WaffleBowl I

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it...

• Select an American/Canadian city for a new soccer franchise.
  • Give said team a European-style name (i.e. ________ United, etc.)
  • Give the team a region-appropriate sponsor (i.e. Enron for Houston, Rice-A-Roni for San Francisco)

As an example/first entry, I present the New York Metropolitan F.C. (with the Cosmos' colors):

New York Metropolitan F.C.

Also, here's my template for those of you who might want it. It's incredibly bootleg, but it does the job:

Soccer Template

EDIT: The Deadline is March 23 (I really picked it at random, if somebody has a better idea, I'd love to hear it)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Give the team a region-appropriate sponsor (i.e. Enron for Houston, Rice-A-Roni for San Francisco)

I don't think Enron would make much of a sponsor these days. :D

I may just get in on this, haven't a clue what I'd do, though

IUe6Hvh.png

I love it.

I'm doing Atlanta.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I got Chicaaaaaaago... Whooo.

The template was done by myself about a week ago, first time doing something fully in illustrator, I think it came out rather nicely. If anyone wants it, I'll upload and post a link to it later in the day.

Real Chicago Home Kit

(BTW, my corporate sponsor, as far as I know is based in Chicago... or at least part of it is)

I'll probably be doing one or two more, since I really like this challenge.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

If we need to claim our team, I'm already done with St. Paul and was greedily planning on doing Minneapolis as well.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

alright i will try toamrrow to get my entry in. Im going for that european soccer look thats wild and really stands out (heh even if the team plays in Milwaukee). So far its coming along slowly, but its got potential.

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

I'm not gonna enter my own concepts for the final voting, but I made another:

Inter Atlanta F.C. - "The Owls"

Also, there can certainally be more than one entry per city.

EDIT: Sorry, Paynomind! If this is what you were thinking, PM me and I'll take it off.

I was almost expecting tight orange hot pants on those unis! :D

AAHHHHHHH!! Why didn't I think of that?! ;)

Archived