Separate Forum For Concept Challenges

IronChefShark

would you like to see concept challenges have thier own forum?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

CC and myself have been discussing behind the scenes about a seperate forum for just the concept challenges. Sort of would be our "competitve arena" for us concept makers.

as someone who hosts one of the more high profile challenges in this community, I am all for it. I think it would be great for the community and will greatly benifit our linchpin forum, the sports logos forum.

but lets get everyones thoughts before we follow through on it. In favor of it? Against it? dont give a rats you know what about it? Lets vote on it an discuss it here!

I suppose I'm for it. While I'm somewhat hesitant to support any kind of "segregation" of the main board (as we've now generated new forums for both random talk and for requests), I suppose that it's all a part of growth and change, and change can be good. Perhaps putting the contests in a forum where they don't have to compete with sports news and concepts will make them more visible and stimulate more competition. I think it would be a nice experiment anyways, so I vote yes to a new contests forum.

It would make it easier to view & vote...and maybe once again to participate (I've done 2 so far that way)--and I have some ideas for challenges--but I'm hanging on to them for now.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Excellent I like the idea of a champs hall of fame. Maybe we can all look it up and have all the past winners too.

Also we shoudl include the winning logo in such a hall of fame.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Also we shoudl include the winning logo in such a hall of fame.

I think that will only work if we can get those winning logos to one central location, maybe a designated Photobucket account. That way, you're not relying on 200 users to keep that file where they originally linked it from.

Ever look back through old threads? Half the images past page 3 are gone already.

(I exaggerate, but you get my point).

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I like the idea of having the challenges in a place where they can't get lost, but i do think that it could lead to a concepts page and detract attention away from the sports logo thread.

What about setting it up much like the fantasy leagues are, you have BASEBALL on the main forum, then when you open that, you get the two league, UL and CL.

what about if the Sports Logo thread was like that as well, you click there, and have the main forum, and then a forum reserved for challenges. All other concepts and such would stay in the Sports Logos thread

ie Baseball--------------->

<sub catagories>

Continetal League

United League

and as such

ie Sports Logos ------>

<sub catagories>

Sports Logos / News, Concepts and Opinions

Challenge Only Thread -

The idea of having a pinned thread for contest winners is a good idea IMO, perhaps establishing a small webpage for the winners and a short history of each challenge could grow out of this as well

I suppose I'm for it. While I'm somewhat hesitant to support any kind of "segregation" of the main board (as we've now generated new forums for both random talk and for requests), I suppose that it's all a part of growth and change, and change can be good. Perhaps putting the contests in a forum where they don't have to compete with sports news and concepts will make them more visible and stimulate more competition. I think it would be a nice experiment anyways, so I vote yes to a new contests forum.

Bah! Down with unanimous.

I feel the exact oposite. I think that challenges are seen and participated in because people are on the logo board, and stumble across them. I think challenge threads will get much fewer hits, and will get fewer concepts created.

I vote(d) NO and think many should reconsider their votes.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

If we do this more contest will open because people won't feel like they are cluttering. This will result in the competitors spreading out. Plus, a lot of people won't check this new board as much whcih will result in less people per contest as well. I don't see why we shouldn't just leave it as is.

Archived