Football Giants "winter" whites?

nybatt

five or six giants sported slightly different white jerseys in last night's win over the eagles... brandon jacobs, antonio pierce, and amani toomer to name three...

the jerseys were more solid in their fabric, a change from the mesh-like whites they've worn through the first half of the season. secondly, the "ny" wordmark was absent from these cold-weather tops, replaced by the nfl equipment shield positioned much further down the neckline. third, the front and rear numerals appeared to be closer together while the name type was thinner than usual... lastly the northwestern sleeve stripes were wider and more pronounced..

I actually liked the look as the jerseys appeared to me "old style"... save for the lack of sleeves! it was inconsistent though with most of the team still in the "ny" whites.

interesting...

Could it be the return of Durene?!?

:D

five or six giants sported slightly different white jerseys in last night's win over the eagles... brandon jacobs, antonio pierce, and amani toomer to name three...

the jerseys were more solid in their fabric, a change from the mesh-like whites they've worn through the first half of the season. secondly, the "ny" wordmark was absent from these cold-weather tops, replaced by the nfl equipment shield positioned much further down the neckline. third, the front and rear numerals appeared to be closer together while the name type was thinner than usual... lastly the northwestern sleeve stripes were wider and more pronounced..

I actually liked the look as the jerseys appeared to me "old style"... save for the lack of sleeves! it was inconsistent though with most of the team still in the "ny" whites.

interesting...

I'll never understand this team's road uniforms. Using non-mesh fabric is the only thing about them that's not ridiculous and contrived.

As a Gi8ants fan I love the road uniforms. When they made the switch in 2000 I was very disappointed in the Road uni's. Now that they won a Super Bowl with them I hope they never change.

20082415437.png

1802008673140.png

9782008672056.png

888200868440.png

Why do they have no blue on the jerseys when their nickname is "Big Blue," and why do they have two pairs of grey pants with only minutely different sets of stripes?

Answer: CUZ THEY WON A SUPER BOWL

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'll never understand this team's road uniforms. Using non-mesh fabric is the only thing about them that's not ridiculous and contrived.

As a Gi8ants fan I love the road uniforms. When they made the switch in 2000 I was very disappointed in the Road uni's. Now that they won a Super Bowl with them I hope they never change.

You're talking about two different sets of jerseys, there. They changed the roads again in 2005.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

Not that most don't already know this...but the current Giants duds are throwbacks to the old old-school Y.A. Tittle days. Back then the roads ain't have no blue in them either. Conversely, the homes had no red.

For the sake of consistency, I really do kinda wish the Gints would splash just a little blue somewhere in the road sets and splash some red on the homes...but, I can undrestand why they did what they did, and I've pretty much come to the conclusion that the look ain't changing no time soon if at all--especially if they end up winning it all again this year.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Why don't they just make all the red elements of the uniform blue instead, and get rid of the extraneous pair of pants? I suppose on thir own, the jerseys might look a little too much like the Colts to the untrained eye, but their road set is such a mess, especially when you take into account how much grey is worn on the sidelines. It's a steep uphill battle to look good in a grey plastic jacket, and this is a battle even this year's Giants can't win.

Why don't they just make all the red elements of the uniform blue instead, and get rid of the extraneous pair of pants? I suppose on thir own, the jerseys might look a little too much like the Colts to the untrained eye, but their road set is such a mess, especially when you take into account how much grey is worn on the sidelines. It's a steep uphill battle to look good in a grey plastic jacket, and this is a battle even this year's Giants can't win.

I'll put it out there and admit that I am a huge fan of the giants road-red uniforms, top to bottom... in my biased view there are numerous elements of the road uniform that are a home run for me..

first off I love how the giants have a completely different "identity" in their road unis compared to the home blues. with their recent "road warrior" mentality this fits very nicely...

historically speaking the giants have always featured a significant amount of red in their uniform styles beginning with red being incorporated into the early leather helmets and sock stripes to a full red jersey worn home and away in the 40's. when they went away from red in the mid-60's and went more blue-centric on the road, the unis suffered (IMO).

the tremendous throwback redesign in 2000 tried to mix a splash of blue into the road unis and it was a failure. the blue-trimmed numerals looked clunky and the blue collar and nameplates on the back were too conflicting. originally the road socks were red (2000 and 2001) before a switch to blue socks on the road in 2002. that look was terrible! (in my memories that uni will always be associated with the playoff collapse in san francisco, jan. 2004!)

it was wellington mara's wish to replicate the road uniforms from the giants halcyon days of the late 50's and early 60's, complete with black cleats. unfortunately he did not get to see them in action that much as he passed that season. as one of his last wishes I'm hoping these uniforms remain unchanged for years to come.

as for the grey and specific road pants, isn't it the same concept as teams wearing solid colored pants with road white jerseys? if nothing else, the giants have kept with tradition featuring the thin road piping and matte finish. it keeps the uniform clean, classic, and unique. three characteristics missing from so many of today's NFL abominations. I actually wish the giants would wear the "road" pants with the blue jerseys when they are "forced" to wear their home jerseys on the road (dallas, washington, etc.)

thanks for reading.. . one of life's simple pleasures!!

Maybe it's because I'm not a Giants fan, but the mismatched road uniforms look pretty awful to me. I don't care if the Giants wore them in the 1950s. That just means they looked sloppy in the 1950s too.

as for the grey and specific road pants, isn't it the same concept as teams wearing solid colored pants with road white jerseys?

I don't know what this means.

Archived