Sports Logos/Jerseys in movies/tv

SpokedB

I watched Slap Shot this weekend and it got me thinking, there are some great fictional (and non-fictional) jerseys and logos in movies. I figured I'd start a scavenger hunt to see how many there really are. Movies, TV shows, anything you can think of. I'll start off with these...

Charlestown Chiefs - "Slapshot"

Slapshot_jerseys.jpg

Houston ?'s (someone help) - Rollerball (1975 James Caan version)

rollerball.jpg232287.1777424.jpg

1202635723285-1017123614.gif

bruins3.png

spokedb3.jpg

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jumpball Royals - "Starship Troopers" -1997

f268_35.JPG

Jumpball Giants (Zander's Team) - "Starship Troopers"

StarshipTroopers-BlueCostume1.jpg

Jumpball Tigers (Rico's Team) - "Starship Troopers"

StarshipTroopers-JonnysTigerUniform1.jpg

damn... remember that scene??? with the "Jump Shoes" that launched the guys like 10 feet in the air. I bet Ocho Cinco would like to get his hands on those. i love the JOFA Jagr/Selanne NHL helmets and the old school Larry Bird adidas shoes.

bruins3.png

spokedb3.jpg

Jumpball Royals - "Starship Troopers" -1997

f268_35.JPG

Jumpball Giants (Zander's Team) - "Starship Troopers"

StarshipTroopers-BlueCostume1.jpg

Jumpball Tigers (Rico's Team) - "Starship Troopers"

StarshipTroopers-JonnysTigerUniform1.jpg

damn... remember that scene??? with the "Jump Shoes" that launched the guys like 10 feet in the air. I bet Ocho Cinco would like to get his hands on those. i love the JOFA Jagr/Selanne NHL helmets and the old school Larry Bird adidas shoes.

What's wrong with that JOFA? I still wear it. Bought it because Mario was wearing it, then he came back with a different model...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Quebec has had a few interesting hockey-related movies/series

The most recent being "Les Boys":

lesboysyo0.th.jpgthpix.gif

Not to forget the "classic" Lance et Compte (He Shoots, He Scores)

lchr4.th.jpgthpix.gif

Although the uniforms were based on NHL ones, but since many owners were concerned about the image of their teams, many didn't allow for their team to appear, most games shown the Black & Yellow of the Bruins, no Habs in the ORIGINAL Series..

But they finally came to their senses in the newest version...

2lanceetcomptebbu2.th.jpgthpix.gif

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Houston ?'s (someone help) - Rollerball (1975 James Caan version)

rollerball.jpg

Teams in "Rollerball" did not have mascot names. They only represented key cities, each of which was ruled by a corporate element of business (Houston= Energy, etc.). Somewhat reminiscent of city-states in ancient Greece.

The other cities shown in addtion to Houston were Tokyo (yellow and black) New York (Blue and orange, naturally) and Madrid (don't remember their colors)

It is what it is.

Quebec has had a few interesting hockey-related movies/series

The most recent being "Les Boys":

lesboysyo0.th.jpgthpix.gif

Not to forget the "classic" Lance et Compte (He Shoots, He Scores)

lchr4.th.jpgthpix.gif

Although the uniforms were based on NHL ones, but since many owners were concerned about the image of their teams, many didn't allow for their team to appear, most games shown the Black & Yellow of the Bruins, no Habs in the ORIGINAL Series..

But they finally came to their senses in the newest version...

2lanceetcomptebbu2.th.jpgthpix.gif

In the action scenes of that series you'd clearly see the NHL Nordiques logo on the jerseys, then when cut to closeups it'd be the logo you see above.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

sharks.jpg

Miami Sharks - Any Given Sunday

I would never have imagined a two-color uni, especially black and white, could look good, and I hate monochromes, but those are great. Minimalist perfection.

I can't stand 'em, they look amateur. Of course, failing to get an NFL license can do that...but does anyone believe a team from Miami would go with all-black unis in that heat?

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I might as well cover "The Ducks"... I grew up with these movies.

TheMightyDucksCrew.jpg

Emilio Estevez aka Gordon Bombay introduced us to these amazing yet terrible jerseys (yes, that is kelly green, yellow, and purple. No idea why they wore red gloves) Interesting decision on the squared numbers as well.

TheJersey.jpg

mightyducks-01.jpg

I am now on a hunt for more screen grabs, the rival team in the first movie (the HAWKS) had some sweet all black uni's.

They wore these for most of the 2nd movie, as team USA (beauty HENDRIX cereal sponsor running down the side).

brothers.jpg

In the finals, they came out for the 3rd period wearing these.

MIGHTYDUCKS2.jpg

This 2nd movie was a goldmine for weird uni's, with another sweet black setup from the rival team, Iceland. Others included Italy in green and white, and Trinidad in TYE DYE... you can kind of make them out here

D2_The_Mighty_Ducks_Are_Back.jpg

I cant find any pics from the 3rd movie... they wore some jerseys that were actually pretty nice.

detlogosbanner.jpg

I would kill to have an Iceland jersey from D2

Ive always wanted to create a batch of Iceland or Hawks jerseys and sell them off... ill let you know if I ever go forward with the idea!

LittleGiants.JPG

always LOVED the way the Cowboys looked in this movie... the star on the shoulder is so cool. The Giants wore a navy bucket with red jerseys and white pants. Amazing cameo's in this movie, as John Madden's bus breaks down, so the guys stop for a nice football practise/life lesson. Includes Bruce Smith, Tim Brown, Emmitt Smith, Steve Emtman, and one or two others.

detlogosbanner.jpg

Archived