Detroit Lions

udubs03

I've been hanging out on this board for quite some time and I think it's finally time for my first redesign. What better team for a Thanksgiving Day redesign than the Detroit Lions.

I'll get this started with the logo sheet. For the primary, I stuck with the silhouette, but took it to a slightly different place. I got away from the more realistic look that they have now and went toward a more stylized, 'regal' look. The new logo is somewhat of a re-imagining of the lion in this logo:

472.gif

As for the wordmark, I tried to clean up the one they use now and tweaked it to fit with my primary logo.

lions-logosheet.png

Next up: the uniforms. These were obviously inspired by the throwback duds the Lions have been sporting. I really wanted to keep it simple and clean.

lions-style-guide.png

C&C would be much appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Badger_zps8961c467.png

this is actually very nice. simple clean and old-school but not over the top.

i do have a problem with the lions front paw. Any way to make it look not so limp-wristed. Taking an idea from the actual old school lions logo, extend the front paw out but keep in "on the ground" like the others.

Otherwise you have a nice set here.

ps. UW represent! Go Red!

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

I like the lion logo, very regal looking. The uni's are nice but they seem a little dark. I know you are going for a retro look. Maybe add a white stripe to the helmet and uniforms and around the numbers to make the grey and blue stand out a little more, but that's just and my opinion.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

I've been hanging out on this board for quite some time and I think it's finally time for my first redesign. What better team for a Thanksgiving Day redesign than the Detroit Lions.

I'll get this started with the logo sheet. For the primary, I stuck with the silhouette, but took it to a slightly different place. I got away from the more realistic look that they have now and went toward a more stylized, 'regal' look. The new logo is somewhat of a re-imagining of the lion in this logo:

472.gif

As for the wordmark, I tried to clean up the one they use now and tweaked it to fit with my primary logo.

lions-logosheet.png

Next up: the uniforms. These were obviously inspired by the throwback duds the Lions have been sporting. I really wanted to keep it simple and clean.

lions-style-guide.png

C&C would be much appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

The uniforms are perfect. Simple, old-time look with no Black or needless extra trim. Just plain, old Honolulu (actually Air Force) Blue and Silver. The only thing with the Lion-his body looks too long. Looks too much like a Jaguar or a Bengal Tiger. You should shorten it up and make it a little broader-he is the king of the jungle. Good work.

I like it, actually looks alot better without any black so Great Job there, and like someone above said I really like how you kept the logo more of a NFL style then making him cartoonish. Great Work! Hope to see more from you!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I don't really care for the boxy lion silhouette. Your logo looks to me like it would be better suited for a soccer crest. When I was a kid, the Lions had silver numbers trimmed in white, which I never cared for. That said, I find the exclusion of white from a uniform lacks professionalism (in the organization, not the rendering). It comes off as semi-pro or college ball. Honolulu Blue and Silver under certain light lacks contrast and are somewhat dull. I know many like the throwbacks, but I think they are the wrong direction to go for a change in normal game sets.

So, my objection is more in taste rather than execution.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I don't mind the new logo too much, actually, I find it looks close to the font.

Definitely NEED WHITE in unis...

For me, the best thing about the old Lions jerseys (80's-90s) was the arm stripes: the full width middle one, whit the outline, Steelers' style...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Thanksgiving was a month and a half ago.

Oh wait...stupid Americans.

Anyway, I like the "regal" spin on the lion. Makes it different than all the other cat-named teams in North America.

this is actually very nice. simple clean and old-school but not over the top.

i do have a problem with the lions front paw. Any way to make it look not so limp-wristed. Taking an idea from the actual old school lions logo, extend the front paw out but keep in "on the ground" like the others.

Otherwise you have a nice set here.

ps. UW represent! Go Red!

I love going old school with Detroit. It keeps with the feel of the city and their other franchises. The two color unis are great. I especially like the grey on blue. Yes, a little dark but sets them apart from the glitzy trims and colors that's popular.

I have to piggy-back on the comment about the front paw. If you want to keep that paw up, then try making it look like it's about to claw something. Right now the limp wrist makes it look very docile. That might help in the toughness department and not take away form the old world regal vibe it has.

Well done!

Thanks to everyone for their feedback. I took some of your suggestions and made a few changes.

To the primary logo, I tried to address the limp wristedness. On the home uniforms, I added some white outlines to the numbers and sleeve and pant stripes. I did the same to the aways, but with silver outlines. It really made a difference (I hope for the better.)

lions-logosheet2.png

lions-style-guide2.png

C&C appreciated

Badger_zps8961c467.png

That latest update is beautiful.

At first I didn't really like the logo, but it's growing on me.

The white outline really does make those home unis much better-looking.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived