Canucks Concept

Roger Clemente

Hot damn tamales, that is wicked cool! Very nicely done, Rog! :notworthy:

(On a personal note, it's nice to see that I can leave the board for an extended period of time and come back to see RC and others putting out great concepts. WTG guys!)

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Rog, that is one fantabulous concept. I like it.

Sharky, ol' boy... i think you're finally moved passed parinoid/schizophrenic, and have moved on to a pure psychotic disorder...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Yeah, Sharks rip-off.....That's why it has an orca whale......And a big ol' "C".....and ice.......and Totem-pole elements......and different colours.

GREAT concept. I'm not the biggest fan of the shoulder logo, but I LOVE the sleeves.

It's better than what they have--but my favorite of theirs is still the old one that uses that hockey rink/hockey stick/letter c logo you used on the shoulders--the NHL needs a blue/green uni that it has lacked since the Whalers have been gone.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

ok, let me rephrase myself....

Ive heard of that logo being compared to a cross between the sharks logo and the habs logo. maybe its not a total ripoff, so sue me, christ you sheep will look for any reason to begin a "lets bash on Shark and have everyone pile on" session.

regardless of whether or not its a ripoff of any team, I still feel its a bad logo. I think the colors are good, but the logo sucks. The Canucks have a history of bad logos. Granted the name "Canucks" isnt an easy one to work with, but they could have come up with something better then an orca whale!

I know two or three of you may disagree with me on this, but they would be better suited to go to a lumberjack-themed logo.

now, can we PLEASE drop this "lets bash on Shark" garbage and get on with life? <_<

I'd just like to see a striping pattern near the bottom of the uniform...but that just me. I enjoy this concept alot, nice work

I may be in a minority here, but I love a jersey that doesn't have stripes along the bottom BUT only when it is being used with pants that are the same color (i.e. the Flyers black jersey, the Sharks black jersey). It is why I was never a fan of the Ducks old white alternate and is my main gripe with the Rangers third jersey.

Thank you for the comments people.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Well done, RC.

Ignore the inane ramblings of others, and enjoy the positive feedback on your excellent jersey design.

I like how you integrated the color, shape, and striping of the logo, but left the crest on the chest on a solid field so it can remain uncluttered.

I like it! Well done.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Great work RC!

I also like the sleave detail, although generally I do like to see some stripping along the bottom of the jersey, this doesn't seem to bother me.

Now to the great Orca Bay/Canucks logo debate. Yes I know the orca logo is a direct plug for the parent company Orca Bay, but how does this differ from the Disney Corp. naming thier hockey team for one of thier own movies. I believe that at least the Orca has some connection with the city of Vancouver, and the Province of British Columbia. A lumberjack themed logo would have been a good choice, but now with the WHL's Vancouver Giants adopting that scheme, the Orca works well.

It's a pretty niced, concept, I don't know about fantastic, but I like the stripes trying to match the logo. I'd maybe add a couple more crack marks to further get the point across. I also think the bottom needs something, because like the Rangers alt. it looks too boring with a plain bottom.

it's very nice looking, imo.

i would, also, add at least a bar of color to the bottom or something...

but i wouldn't change the sleeves at all. i love how the cracks? in the ice form a V on the wrist. that's a nice touch.

I actually don't want to see more design on the bottom. It would be too much.

And the white 'cracks' that form a V on the sleeves are awesome.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Nice. Very very nice.

I just don't really like jerseys without something at the bottom. putting the sleeve stripes on the hem might crowd it a little, but like Cole suggested, a bar would be nice, like Philly and SJ. Maybe light blue.

Archived